Anyone out there with the new generation GLE (W167)?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ours is the diesel. 450 brake and 900 NM. It’s really refined and has mega poke around town , at lower speeds and also it hits 100 blistering quickly. This compared to my uncles new cayenne turbo which needs you to be at 4500 rpm before anything happens.
Thanks for the information. Interested in the comment on refinement as this would be very much an everyday car. Not driven a diesel for quite a while so I'm probably out of date on how they are now (notwithstanding the current negative trend towards diesel).

Thanks for the information. Interested in the comment on refinement as this would be very much an everyday car. Not driven a diesel for quite a while so I'm probably out of date on how they are now (notwithstanding the current negative trend towards diesel).
I kid you not. It sounds wonderful when you give it some but is pindrop silent when you want it to be. No wind noise , tyres have the sound deadening foam in them and you genuinely don’t get rumble from them.
Also without sounding biased, it has the best ride of any mega suv I’ve been in and ours is on 22s.

I kid you not. It sounds wonderful when you give it some but is pindrop silent when you want it to be. No wind noise , tyres have the sound deadening foam in them and you genuinely don’t get rumble from them.
Also without sounding biased, it has the best ride of any mega suv I’ve been in and ours is on 22s.
Thanks for taking the time to feedback. I half looked at the SQ7/8 when we were replacing a GLE63S in late 2018 but we ended up doing a “click and repeat” and bought the same again, plus we’ve been MB for ages until this year. The 63 has gone so there’s a clean slate if we go SUV again. Interesting on refinement given the 22’s.

There’s a massive Audi dealer relatively near us in Poole so it my be worth a look. It’s a shame the new gen 63S isn’t here yet. Have a great Christmas.

Reactions: HB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom