Anyone Own an EQS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Anyone on here own an EQS?

Haven't got one, but I hesitated between an S-class and the EQS. Configured both and was told by the salesman that they couldn't accept either command because of unknown delivery times . . .
So we're keeping our 'faithful' old S-class for the moment.

Are you thinking of getting one ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OPENING THE HOOD!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do my wheels look big in this?

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 11.14.58.png

Could never afford one and would not want one.....but one did they feel the need to make them so ugly? The Lucid Air is much prettier (IMO) and way faster!! 1065 horse power anyone??!!

1650968147036.png
1650968212550.png

1650968263713.png

I've tested one (it was impressive) and ordered one in January (450+ Lux) but getting frustrated with the lack of data.

1. They don't know the build week.
  2. Have zero idea of delivery schedule.
  3. Cannot say when 22kw AC port can be supplied even though it's a listed options.
  4. Cannot say when the new MB Wall Box will be available to the UK market.
  5. Have zero data on SAE 3 even though it's well reported to be developed & available in some areas of Germany
  6. Also 22kw AC appears be an option on EQS even though the UK e-brochure says on EQE it is a standard option

Ass from elbow seems appropriate.

Could never afford one and would not want one.....but one did they feel the need to make them so ugly? The Lucid Air is much prettier (IMO) and way faster!! 1065 horse power anyone??!!

View attachment 126269
View attachment 126270

View attachment 126272
Lucid does look the business but you got a dealer in Bognor? :) No they do look sublime but if lead times for the mainstream manufacturers like MB are anything to go by, it's going to be a long time before we get the option to look or test one of these. Shame

Not yet.....but that's because you wont be able to buy one in the UK before the end of next year....

Not yet.....but that's because you wont be able to buy one in the UK before the end of next year....

Have to say ALFAitalia, I have looked at these and whilst don't know them in any detail, they very much appeal to me.

I struggle to buy into the Tesla dream but understand why others do. They just leave me stone cold. The Lucid on the other hand, has a certain something about it. In the same (if not better) league as the EQS.

Mind you, given the ridiculous slow updates after ordering from MB UK, it could well be end of next year before I get to see the product I paid for. Lucid could be in the frame by then.

Not sure why you'd be thinking that. I've seen 2 in the same South London Borough in the last month... and I got mine (the base model) last week... so they are trickling-in, but slowly

That info was from Autocar in April....maybe things have moved forward.

EDIT....maybe they were press cars of the ones from Goodwood and they must have been LHD......

From Autocar 23 June 22
"Yet to be confirmed is the UK market, but an insider working closely with Lucid has strongly hinted to us that right-hand drive has always been planned for the Air. If so, expect production to begin late this year and for the full Air line-up to be available to order for British buyers online towards the end of 2022 ahead of deliveries in 2023."

Hi all,

I'm a new member here today, I have enjoyed car forums for many years. I have found I have learnt so much from the collective views and knowledge. Forums have shaped my life, since 1997, to be truthful.

Yes, I have an EQS, bought about a fortnight ago, I know I am very lucky to have it, it was a cancelled order, last minute decision, and the model - Exclusive Luxury.

I decided it was time to move on from my 6.5 yo Tesla Model S 90D, so I have the experience of 79k miles of electric motoring - ask me anything! It seems the RHD new Model S, which I ordered over 18 months ago will not arrive until at least 2024, I decided it was time to move. I also managed to sell my Tesla [free supercharging] privately via AutoTrader.

The new EQS is a very solid, luxury car with many technical extras, it is taking me time to learn them all. Still need to make a long customer service call to learn even more.

MBUX design is not intuitive [for me] you have to remember menus all over the place to set this and that. Every journey I have to change to "strong recuperation" and sport setting. Getting in the car and starting needs about 5 button presses. Putting on the radio - about three. And so on. Not got the hyperscreen, the one I picked [via CarWow who found a dealer looking for a buyer] last month had one extra over the Exc Lux spec - it has "rear lounge luxury seats". My passengers including my wife actually enjoy riding in the second row - I might never find out!

I didn't try my golf clubs in the boot, amazed they don't fit in such a large space - my fault but I'm OK with that. Previously I had discounted the BMW iX as the boot space was too small.

But the tech of the projector lights, the four wheel steering, the sophistication of the DISTRONIC, and the luxury interior have already mellowed my driving style. No need to rush.

Booked in on Friday for a couple of minor things to be fixed.

Tony

Surely golf clubs will fit in the boot - if you remove the driver and maybe fairways from the bag?
( I can get TWO golf carry bags into an Mx5 that way )

Surely golf clubs will fit in the boot - if you remove the driver and maybe fairways from the bag?
( I can get two carry bags into an Mx5 that way )
Yes, I have to remove all woods and umbrella whereas my last dozen cars [over 30 years] I haven't needed to do this.

Or drop one of the rear seats which leaves the clubs on view [through tinted windows].

Cars have gone larger but their boot space hasn't - in the latest modern cars, IMO.

Tony

Tony - welcome; please keep us posted on your experiences.

My only experience is of short term hiring in France, but I entirely agree with you that MBUX design is certainly not intuitive.

I too struggled to find the right menu and noted the numerous button presses to get going.

NJSS

Yes, I have to remove all woods and umbrella whereas my last dozen cars [over 30 years] I haven't needed to do this.

Or drop one of the rear seats which leaves the clubs on view [through tinted windows].

Cars have gone larger but their boot space hasn't - in the latest modern cars, IMO.

Tony
…. In the latest EVs….. (apart from your S90D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom