Anyone point me to thread on remap E200.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmancdi

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes E320 cdi sport ,vw Tiguan R line , M B cls , bmw convertible
Anyone get a remap on E200 w212 , or anyone know anywhere in n.ireland can do it with rolling rd or at least proven to do good job etc , any recomendations welcolme .
Thanks hope this posted is in right place .sorry if not.

What is the E200 like for power? Does it feel really underpowered?

What is the E200 like for power? Does it feel really underpowered?

It's not near as bad s you would think , it's just a bit of delay at low speeds when you put foot down , it's quite a bit livelier when in sport but then you loss the
m p g , I am running a average mpg of 52 , which considing the size of the car is great , I had the e 350 coupe cdi which I sold , it was more like 37 mpg on a good day lol.
I am going to get a remap to 200 bhp just so I have bit of extra punch for an overtake . I also have a VW Tiguan 140 bhp and the e200 would be livelier
Than it no problem .
Biggest problem is trusting who's doing the remap.

If its the OM651 engine here are some details.
http://autocats.ws/manual/sdmedia/mediadb/mb_Acrobat/einf/204/einf_br204_cdi_OM651__en.pdf

and variations

http://www.aachener-kolloquium.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/2013_A1.1_Lueckert_Daimler.pdf

Your problem is perhaps that you have the single turbo/ smaller injectors setup which may limit just how much more pwer you can reliably extract from your existing hardware.

I think according to data card it says engine m651. Is this single turbo. .?
Thanks.

In data card it's says. M651-R4 Diesel engine M651 .

Dup

https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...dia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_OM_651&prev=search

the single turbo engine
is OM651 22LA red ----- for reduced power

the twin turbo engine
is OM651 22LA

Because your car is an E200 I think its a single turbo.

There's a code on data card M103 reduced engine performance .
So would this mean a remap would be limited to keep at a safe level remap to 170 bhp. Thanks. 170 bhp would be a increase of around 35-40 bhp..
Starting to think is it worth it as this would prob be not much different than putting in sport mode . Advice welcolme. Thanks.

There's a code on data card M103 reduced engine performance .
So would this mean a remap would be limited to keep at a safe level remap to 170 bhp. Thanks. 170 bhp would be a increase of around 35-40 bhp..
Starting to think is it worth it as this would prob be not much different than putting in sport mode . Advice welcolme. Thanks.

As a rough rule of thumb yes I reckon going for a power increase similar to Mercedes own step up from E200 to E220 would be OK i.e. 138 to 170 bhp up 2 levels to E250 205 bhp might be pushing it a bit in terms of longevity.

As a rough rule of thumb yes I reckon going for a power increase similar to Mercedes own step up from E200 to E220 would be OK i.e. 138 to 170 bhp up 2 levels to E250 205 bhp might be pushing it a bit in terms of longevity.

Thank you I agree anything over 170 too much , don't think there's much need for any more than 170 , its not bad as it is and that's me stepping out of 2011 xf jaguar portfolio s.
My problem is not much support or advise as whos best in my area.
Co Antrim.

Thanks that's an idea , I used chip express on a VW Touareg few yrs back and it was quite good as it was only a 2.5 d.
Now I have read a lot of bad press about the plug ins , so don't know who to believe. Lol.
Think the answer is---it depends on the box--- I quoted the Brabus which was deemed reliable enough to get Mercedes official approval--- at a price! There are many other boxes available which I believe vary in quality and price. Its the sort of thing that's difficult to get accurate ownership feedback on but maybe some folks who have fitted such devices might like to comment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom