anyone recommend a wax fo calcite white paintwork?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eyeofthetiger

Car
2010 c63 amg
With the recent good sunny weather it has got me thinking. Can anyone recommend a wax to use for calcite white, how much time it takes for application and cost?

Thanks

I'm using THIS. After fully preping the car, it takes less than an hour to get a layer on. Leave for an hour or so to cure then buff off. Repeat after a couple of days for further depth and protection.

.n white I would recommend either Toughcoat or liquidshield, They are sealants made by Auto Finesse and Concours Car Care respectively. Both look great and help flake pop nicely. They are very easy to apply and aren't fussy about how long they are left on and temperature (to some extent - I would apply at anything below about 5 degrees....but that goes for pretty much every LSP.

Spray directly onto the soft side of a tri-foam, and spread out over the panel reapeating as necessary. By the time you've gone round the car it will have hazed over and can be buffed off. Use a soft, dense, short pile microfibre to do so.

You can layer after an hour or so.

Both will last through the winter and you can use it on wheels and side/back windows too. I've never used it on a windscreen so can't recommend that!

Cost is about £30 for Tough coat and £25 for Liquidshield.

HTH

My personal favourite is Jeff's werkstatt acrylic prime strong on white paint. This is also a sealant not a wax, But looks fantastic on white paint. Dodo juice supernatural is a great hard wax that works well on white paint too.

My personal favourite is Jeff's werkstatt acrylic prime strong on white paint. This is also a sealant not a wax, But looks fantastic on white paint. Dodo juice supernatural is a great hard wax that works well on white paint too.

DoDo Juice is great Stuff I would recomend it to any one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom