Anyone recommend phone holster for W219/W211/probs lots of others similar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk208

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS
Hi all,

On the look out for a phone holster (iPhone) for my CLS primarily so I can change tracks on my music on the phone's display but also occasionally for navigation when google's live traffic can outfox my COMAND.

I'm thinking vent mounted might work in terms of putting the phone where I need it and not leaving damage on the car when removed. Just tried a cheap ebay vent style holder and the vent fins are just a bit too chunky on my car for it to fit.

Can anyone recommend a product. Will also consider non-vent kits but not a fan of windscreen mount really.

Thanks!

Trouble with vent mounted on the CLS is that the vents aren't flush with surrounding trim so your phone sits at a useless angle or just won't fit in the holder.

You can get a brodit clip in mounting bracket, easily fitted and removed without damage when selling. You don't need to buy their phone mount, you can get any cheap universal mount you like and screw the holder part to the bracket, best of all worlds.

I have a brodit clip with the pro mount. It fixes next to the gear surround centre console. No drilling etc required. I will post a pic in the next couple of days as I am away from home. Definitely one of the best I found and neatest for installation. Expensive, around £30 IIRC for both the clip & mount.....yes you but them separately!

https://www.google.com/search?q=bro...ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIk_X5vp_nyAIVRG4UCh1SpAfY

The clip is usually around £10-£15 on it's own and then you can spend anything from a pound upwards on someone else's holder.

The sprung sliding ones are usually the best bet because they will fit any phone, with or without a cover, and are usually easier to get the phone in and out than the phone specific ones and as the mounts are rock solid you don't get any of the movement you get with other types of fixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom