Anyone remember Rainbow Drops?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
rainbow_drops.jpg

Well it seems they're back.

I remember them being in teeny packets, even though I was teeny myself at the time.

Not to worry though as the price tag was equally weeny!! IIRC 6p per packet at the time. One packet simply wasn't enough!!

They now come in a much much bigger packet, which is handy because I'm much much bigger now too!! ;)

Available at a Tesco store near you. Mom said they were 95p per pack.

Go get some - and a box of Nobbly Bobbly - and relive your youth!! :bannana:

Looks like I missed out there in life yet again :(

No need to miss out Malcolm. Head down to your local Tesco, with a pound coin in your hand, and you too can enjoy the most delicious sugar coated puffed maize and rice snack in the world!!

In my neck of the woods they have never been away for some reason. My mum used to buy me these by the bucket-load and you could get three small bags in a much larger bag all at once, supposedly for sharing :devil: as if? :D

Portzy.

In my neck of the woods they have never been away for some reason. My mum used to buy me these by the bucket-load and you could get three small bags in a much larger bag all at once, supposedly for sharing :devil: as if? :D

Portzy.
same here,95p from sainsburys:D :bannana:

I must be lucky, there is a shop in the centre of Bath that sells all the old sweets, black jacks, mojo's, shrimps, cigarettes(without the red end now though PC and all), coconut tobacco, flying saucers and my favourite pinaple chunks plus loads of others and you can buy by the 2 oz as they can alter their scales:D :D

You can - Fizz Wizz. My local Londis sells Rainbow Drops and Fizz Wizz - 10p a packet.

I must be lucky, there is a shop in the centre of Bath that sells all the old sweets, black jacks, mojo's, shrimps, cigarettes(without the red end now though PC and all), coconut tobacco, flying saucers and my favourite pinaple chunks plus loads of others and you can buy by the 2 oz as they can alter their scales:D :D

we have a shop like that called cuffs,its fab most of the sweets are sold from jars,including choc lik,and trillions and millions(you have to supply your own pen tube tho:devil: :D )

My favourite was Uncle Joe's Mint Balls, made by Santus of Wigan.

I say "was" because I am a Type 2 diabetic so they are off the menu for the foreseeable future. :(

I'm in Portzy's part of the world, they never went away.

I cant find Old English Spangles though .

I thought the rianbow drops we had were a boiled sweets variety - i.e. 25 in a handful and very fruity but hard nonetheless.

Right,

how many malteasers can you cram in the mouth before chomping them, or spitting them out in hysterics?

And am I the only one who ate Rolo and chips as a child?

(Rolo's being cheaper than fish see, and what with us being right poor etc)

Cherry lips!!!

Space dust was so cool, although I seem to remember it being banned for making kids go do-lali

And am I the only one who ate Rolo and chips as a child?

Yes!! :D

I think most people have say, a small sausage, with their chips if a cod is out of the question. :D

In my neck of the woods they have never been away for some reason.

Strange how some products aren't available UK wide even though they're from a UK wide company. I recall being young and family moving to Colchester.

They couldn't get Vimto for lover nor money back then. I guess as supermarkets got bigger they could carry a larger range, which reintroduced slow sellers.

Hmm... at this point I'll just point out probably one of the best online stores in the uk... http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/

Hope this is ok with the moderators :)

Looks good. Is it your business?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom