Anyone replaced a vacuum pump on an OM651?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy.alias

Car
2012 C220 CDI Sport Estate
Has anyone replaced a vacuum pump on an OM651? I have a 2010 C200 CDI, I’ve had the timing chain replaced about a year ago. Today I replaced the valve lifters and cleaned the injectors with an ultrasonic cleaner. It’s now very quiet however there’s a terrible warm idle rattle that seems to be coming from the vacuum pump.

I know it’s quite low down in the depths of the engine, so I’m guessing it’s a pain of a job to replace.

Has anyone replaced a vacuum pump on an OM651? I have a 2010 C200 CDI, I’ve had the timing chain replaced about a year ago. Today I replaced the valve lifters and cleaned the injectors with an ultrasonic cleaner. It’s now very quiet however there’s a terrible warm idle rattle that seems to be coming from the vacuum pump.

I know it’s quite low down in the depths of the engine, so I’m guessing it’s a pain of a job to replace.
Yeah it's not the easiest to access, you'll need to remove egr cooler, intake tract to the intake manifold and the bottom plastic intake pipe to the boost hose.

So 9 months ago I sold the 2010 c200 as it had too many gremlins and picked up a 2012 c220 CDI estate. Same vacuum pump noise has emerged.

I’m hoping to replace the vacuum pump and the Y94 valve on the fuel pump. I have all the parts ready to fit including a new inlet manifold incase it’s got damage.

Just saw a video on YouTube of a guy who replaces the vacuum pump from underneath so going to try that before I strip a bunch of parts off. Also thinking that the fuel regulator valve is just above it and I may be able to do that too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Below is a photo I found on the internet showing the vacuum valve peeking out behind the engine mount and the fuel regulator valve above some blue tape

1686610899832.jpeg

Anyone got torque specs for the vacuum valve and fuel regulator?

Thanks

Last edited:
IMG_4386.jpeg

One shiny new vacuum pump and Y94 Fuel valve, didn’t remove the filter housing or manifold. Will need a nice T20 with a bend to get at the fuel valve.

Cleaned the parts I removed, although I could do with replacing the or cleaning the manifold I decided it’s too much of a big job.

Got the vacuum pump out from above, I don’t think I could have done it lying under the car. Things were made easier by removing the intake hose, but a bitch to get back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom