Anyone replaced footwell bulbs in W211?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-class

Car
MB
Hi All

Was just wondering if anyone has replaced their footwell lighting bulbs with LED's on their W211?

My 2008 W211 has ambient lighting, the footwell does stay on but its very dim, it looks like the LED's are much brigher hence want to go for them.

I've seen bulbs on their own which are pretty cheap however have also seen SMD LED CAR Footwell Lights Mercedes W211 E-Class blue | eBay which is more expensive, not sure if I can go for the cheaper bulbs or if I need the above.

Advice would be appreciated, i'm hoping its a simple install :)

I changed the footwell bulbs to LED and then changed them back to original - although the original bulbs are on albeit dim - the LED's were on all the time and were too bright in my opinion to have on constantly when driving at night.

Thanks guys, I've already set brightness to max in the settings.

David did you buy just the LED bulbs? If your saying it's too bright may give it a miss.

Yeh I was doing the side lights , licence plate lights , all interior and puddle lights - the footwell were the only ones I changed back to normal bulbs , constant bright white foot wells at night wasn't to my taste

Yeh I was doing the side lights , licence plate lights , all interior and puddle lights - the footwell were the only ones I changed back to normal bulbs , constant bright white foot wells at night wasn't to my taste

Thanks for the info :)

When you did the interior lights did you also change the overhead ambient lighting circle that comes on at night? Would love to make that brighter but wasn't sure if that uses bulbs..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom