Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd like ROB81E or ROB8Y something like that would be nice. I'm sure the price would be nice too

ROB81E used to be on a Bentley that I saw a lot around Soho.

69ER reminded me of A 69 SUC that used to be on a mkII fiesta in Ipswich.

In Wales over the weekend:-
RF 3 - Land Rover Defender
XJ 56 JAG - Jaguar XJ

This morning on the way in to the Lunatic Asylum:-

L981 TAP - Pimlico Plumbers van.

TAC51S on a black Skoda ( i think ) taxi earlier. For those that dont know TACSI is welsh for Taxi.

On the cab of this transporter the plate was spaced as '21 VY' but on the trailer... '2 IVY'

ibyrlc.jpg

*I think* it was '3M' on a black Ferrari of some sort that I saw yesterday, it was travelling in the opposite direction to me.

May14th2012004.jpg

RTL 1 intrigues me. I'm sure the plate (and other single-digit RTL plates) was once in the ownership of Leech's Funeral Services.
For some reason I seem to think the owner of the funeral business is, or was, Richard Trevor Leech?

May14th2012006.jpg

RTL 1 intrigues me. I'm sure the plate (and other single-digit RTL plates) was once in the ownership of Leech's Funeral Services.
For some reason I seem to think the owner of the funeral business is, or was, Richard Trevor Leech?

Don't know about Mr Leech, but I have RTL 1, RTL 12, RTL 24 and RTL 39 all listed as belonging to Hardman's of Bury, who appear to be a funeral company. They also have (or had) OEN 1, YKD 1 and 1 KTN.

Last edited:
Don't know about Mr Leech, but I have RTL 1, RTL 12, RTL 24 and RTL 39 all listed as belonging to Hardman's of Bury, who appear to be funeral company. They also have (or had) OEN 1, YKD 1 and 1 KTN.

A quick search for Leech's Funeral Services shows they are part of the Co-Operative Funeral Services. It looks likely a spin-out occured at some point.

Wilmslow today.

May15th2012003.jpg

I have X10 TTT on retention!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom