Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've seen a few good 'rare' plates over the Christmas period, but I always seem to forget them.

I've seen a few good 'rare' plates over the Christmas period, but I always seem to forget them.

It could be worse. Look what can happen when you try to jot them down:

Have i seen any good number plates today? No I bloody have not. Number in my profile is my Consecutive Number Plates position at the min, so I went out this morning looking for my 305, locations of numbers above which I note in PDA. PDA locked up. See more higher numbers. Frustrated I slam front brakes on on bike. Go over handlebars. Go straight home to clean up grazes. Goto Asda pharmacy. Faint. Lie in middle of floor until wheelchair comes long. Sick in Asda medical centre. Goto A+E to get it looked at properly + better dressings. Can't walk properly due to bashed knee. Palms of hands sting. Probably no work tomorrow because have to rest leg.

That's my day.

One number plate I have never forgotten was THE 911S around Bristol some years ago.

Guess the car!!

An original Mini????

One number plate I have never forgotten was THE 911S around Bristol some years ago.

Guess the car!!

An original Mini????

Hmm, interesting. It's now on a black 911 Turbo.

I'm sure Porsche Cars GB would love to have that number amongst their collection (assuming they haven't already acquired it). They already have (or have had) THE 928S, THE 944S and THE 968S, along with: A 911, OPR 911, 911 HUL, 924 F, 924 DLC, 928 TTE, POR 968S, 11 JTA and 111 JTA.

spotted today... FEW 4 on an RR Sport in Disley and H666 on a Ferrari 599 in Manchester.

One for forum member sweetpea:

81pea.jpg

EEL 5 - Mercedes CLK this morning in West Wickham Kent

There's a fish processing factory on Feltham that has one or more 'EEL'-related plates, but I don't remember them at the moment...

EEL 5 - Mercedes CLK this morning in West Wickham Kent

Belongs to East End eel importer F S Cooke, who also has EEL 5C, FC 5, FSC 45 and 51 FGC. Mind you, it was offered for sale recently, asking price £17,495, so it may have changed hands.

EEL 71 belongs to Octopus Seafoods, while Plymouth-based fishmonger Julian Evans has J9 EEL, J9 COD, L9 DAB and M5 OLE.

Belongs to East End eel importer F S Cooke, who also has EEL 5C, FC 5, FSC 45 and 51 FGC. Mind you, it was offered for sale recently, asking price £17,495, so it may have changed hands.

EEL 71 belongs to Octopus Seafoods, while Plymouth-based fishmonger Julian Evans has J9 EEL, J9 COD, L9 DAB and M5 OLE.

Impressed with your knowledge of such stuff as always.:cool:

Impressed with your knowledge of such stuff as always.:cool:
How did you build your database Mocas, are you a registration number Dealer or is it just a hobby?

I must say Mocas your encyclopedic knowledge is very impressive whatever the source! I really do enjoy your input to this thread.

A while ago I used to see '4321 GO' on a sports car (I think it was a Lambo).

MAC7E with a very dubious '7' made to look like a '1'. Spotted in N London New years day on a Range Rover.

LlOYDS on a white (I think) C-Class in Wilmslow. I've seen it a couple of times in the past few days and I'm determined to get a picture.
It looks so much better on the car than in text.

That used to belong to the guy who owned Lloyds nightclub in Manchester.....He had it on his XJS convertible for years

Stating the obvious on the silver TT....
1 KAA on a CL500
AMY 10 on a Beetle cabrio.

Attachments

• IMG-20120103-01458.jpg
    IMG-20120103-01458.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG-20120103-01459.jpg
    IMG-20120103-01459.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back