Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Back over in little ol' Canada you pay your $35 and you can have up to seven letters and numbers on your plate, providing that they are not -

1. Offensive.

2. Profane.

3. Make a statement that is patently untrue [like I M GOD] which could be both a. and b. at the same time.

4. Rascist.

A family friend of ours has SOD 1. Over the way, of course, it is not offensive, being the local name for turf - he has a 'Sod Farm'. His grandson, who is a high-school trampolining nut, has BO1NG.

tac
EPT470X

...His grandson, who is a high-school trampolining nut, has BO1NG.

Funny you should say that. I saw yesterday here in London a plate resembling BOING, but I did not manage to catch the exact make up of it so did not mention it here. Might have been B10 ING, but I am not sure.

Funny you should say that. I saw yesterday here in London a plate resembling BOING, but I did not manage to catch the exact make up of it so did not mention it here. Might have been B10 ING, but I am not sure.

The "ING" bit would not be valid. Perhaps the "I" was actually a modified "L" or "J".

Saw this Lambo getting a wash in the Homebase car park on the way home yesterday, couldn't resist taking a picture and posting it here.

Interesting as Im sure this plate was on a nice red ferrari in Cardiff last year - it may have been FA57EST though!

The "ING" bit would not be valid. Perhaps the "I" was actually a modified "L" or "J".

You may very well be right... I wasn't sure of it's exact composition, and that's why I didn't mention it when I saw it yesterday. I generally try to be as accurate as I can.

However it was an odd coincidence to see tacfoley's post regarding the Canadian BO1NG.

On another note, I saw RA58 EER the other day, and thought it would make a nice plate for a Publican if he could get HA58 EER, especially with the new mis-spacing rules due in later this year, but it does not appear to be a legit plate...

How about these 2....
28984d1334230192-anyone-seen-any-good-number-plates-cars-lately-img_4256.jpg

1 PPW and 2 PPW don't seem to show up on the databases - but what a pair!

1PPW is showing as insured on the Motor Insurance Database today.
The details on the MID are:
Vehicle Make/Model:BENTLEY AZURE CONVERTIB

2PPW is showing as insured on the Motor Insurance Database today.
Vehicle Make/Model:BENTLEY TURBO R AUTO

Last night in Bickley:-
LAN 7 - Audi A6
28 SU - Mercedes C class
BK 46 - Audi A4

1PPW is showing as insured on the Motor Insurance Database today.
Vehicle Make/Model:BENTLEY AZURE CONVERTIB

2PPW is showing as insured on the Motor Insurance Database today.
Vehicle Make/Model:BENTLEY TURBO R AUTO

There is an office/residential block on Sloane Street just south from the Icelandic Embassy in London which has a sub-surface car park which any passerby can peer in to. Everytime I've walked past there is a light Roller/possibly Bentley estate with a short number plate on it, its just tucked into a corner and covered in dust. Would love to know the history of it! Similar to this.... but just not yellow.

Last edited:
There is an office/residential block on Sloane Street just south from the Icelandic Embassy in London which has a sub-surface car park which any passerby can peer in to. Everytime I've walked past there is a light Roller/possibly Bentley estate with a short number plate on it, its just tucked into a corner and covered in dust. Would love to know the history of it! Similar to this.... but just not yellow.

Hi Conquistador, have a look at this site re Jankel special Rolls and Bentley.

BENTLEY SPOTTING

Has some amazing stuff just about Rolls and Bentley.

Mayor of Oxford? CEO of Oxfam? Or just someone called Orlando Xavier Fernando?

1z682h.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom