Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That plates had a few mentions on this thread including...

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/332436-post2788.html

I wonder if he was stealing the money to pay for the plate :) In fact I wonder if the plate even really belonged to his car?

It's been mentioned before, and I also wonder whether it was really their plate too.

J4 MES sold for £22,500 ex Fees at a DVLA auction in January 1998.

Guys, what are your views on plates that start with engine designations, like "V8 BAD" on the red Ferrari above? Are these considered a "good" taste plates or "I couldn't afford anything better" kind of thing?

1234 MD on a silver BMW

MD plates seem to be popular with owners of German cars...

MDs.jpg

2itt1n5.jpg

Last night in the car park at Elmstead Woods station:-

11 MGS - Mercedes SL6.3 AMG
1 GPW - Mini Cooper

ek4ykk.jpg

Not very easy the memorise in a hurry...

HERE.

The image (Wilmslow) wasn't taken that long before posting. Perhaps a couple of months at most.

7001 mc

Nice 4 x 2 spotted on a 4x4 on the costal road between Hunstanton and Cromer.

Pretty sure it has been mentioned before (by me as well), but anyway here it is again:

2viimuo.jpg

How much 'weight' is in the rumors that if a car is a total insurance loss then some insurance companies are claiming that any private number on said loss then belongs to them unless a prior agreement letter states otherwise?

How much 'weight' is in the rumors that if a car is a total insurance loss then some insurance companies are claiming that any private number on said loss then belongs to them unless a prior agreement letter states otherwise?

I am aware that you need to get the DVLA to put your private plate on retention before you agree to the insurance writing off the car - or the plate is lost (i.e. it goes back to the DVLA).

This is because you don't really own the registration, and once the car is officially written off it in effect ceases to exist and no further reg transfer is possible.

But I doubt that what you describe is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom