Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MAG 1C which I believe was owned by a late magician.

Yeah it was. I sometimes saw it when I lived in Bucks as he lived in Maidenhead I think - or at least on the Thames round that way.

AG was one of three Ayrshire registration numbers along with SD and CS
All those JAG number plates would have originated in Ayrshire.
There was a switch in plates around the late 70’s possibly early 80’s where AG was taken away and we got SJ
The registration number SD 1 is owned by a titled family in Ayrshire. It would look nice on my SD1 Vitesse

I purchased my Vitesse when it was three years old with just 18k on the clock.
I traded in a 2.0 SD1 against it and I knew the full history of the Vitesse.

We ran it as our regular car and towed our first caravan with it. After running it’s for around 7 years it was laid up for a few years then I tidied it up and started visiting classic car shows ( local events)
In late 2006 I decided to repair the small rusty areas around the rear wheel arches so I stripped it down so much I was just left with the roof, A & B pillars and the floor. My fellow club members couldn’t believe what I’d done.
Meanwhile Rimmer Bros had shipped around 40 containers of parts back from India so rather than repair the wheel arches I removed the entire wings and fitted new ones. It was a huge job as the front inner wings on the SD1 are steel, not like the plastic liners you get nowadays. Despite what they say about rust on the SD1’s mine being a later one (1985 ) the rust on the arches was minimal as was the sills which I had to remove along with the wings.
I already had a full stainless sports exhaust fittted but I wanted it to look Jaguar esque with a twin outlet so I got a local company to make up a branch system onto my original exhaust to make it duplex. On the bodywork side I spent an entire week fabricating a new rear panel and new boot floor to allow the new duplex system to sit much higher than the original pipe which was horribly slung to one side underneath the boot floor. This new boot floor also incorporates space for the spare wheel and tool kit.
After three years hard work I picked up best in class and best in show at the 2010 SARR (Scottish all Rover Rally ) my second outing the first being a local small show as a shakedown.
The same year I picked up the same awards at the SD1 National in Peterborough then in November the car was on the SD1 Club Stand at the NEC Classic Car Show.
After visiting classic car shows for another year I decided to preserve the car so it now sits in a fully carpeted garage under a tailored dust sheet and still looks like a new car, current mileage is 100k. I was showing it to a guy just last week and pulled the dust sheet partially off.
I will try and put some photos on here but I don’t know if I can still use my Photobucket file. I tried to post a photo of the CLS earlier from the I pad but the file was too large so it knocked me back.

Other than the Vitesse I’ve got a 1974 Vanden Plas Princess 1300 automatic with just 34k, a 1991 Mini Mayfair automatic with 24k and two Rover 75,s one which was my regular car, a 2002 2.5 V6 Connoisseur with 60k (now up for sale) and my current runner, a 2001 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE which has done 64k

The Rover 75 is without doubt one of the most comfortable cars I’ve ever had and at 17 years old it still looks lovely beside the CLS.

We ran it as our regular car and towed our first caravan with it. After running it’s for around 7 years it was laid up for a few years then I tidied it up and started visiting classic car shows ( local events)
In late 2006 I decided to repair the small rusty areas around the rear wheel arches so I stripped it down so much I was just left with the roof, A & B pillars and the floor. My fellow club members couldn’t believe what I’d done.
Meanwhile Rimmer Bros had shipped around 40 containers of parts back from India so rather than repair the wheel arches I removed the entire wings and fitted new ones. It was a huge job as the front inner wings on the SD1 are steel, not like the plastic liners you get nowadays. Despite what they say about rust on the SD1’s mine being a later one (1985 ) the rust on the arches was minimal as was the sills which I had to remove along with the wings.
I already had a full stainless sports exhaust fittted but I wanted it to look Jaguar esque with a twin outlet so I got a local company to make up a branch system onto my original exhaust to make it duplex. On the bodywork side I spent an entire week fabricating a new rear panel and new boot floor to allow the new duplex system to sit much higher than the original pipe which was horribly slung to one side underneath the boot floor. This new boot floor also incorporates space for the spare wheel and tool kit.
After three years hard work I picked up best in class and best in show at the 2010 SARR (Scottish all Rover Rally ) my second outing the first being a local small show as a shakedown.
The same year I picked up the same awards at the SD1 National in Peterborough then in November the car was on the SD1 Club Stand at the NEC Classic Car Show.
After visiting classic car shows for another year I decided to preserve the car so it now sits in a fully carpeted garage under a tailored dust sheet and still looks like a new car, current mileage is 100k. I was showing it to a guy just last week and pulled the dust sheet partially off.
I will try and put some photos on here but I don’t know if I can still use my Photobucket file. I tried to post a photo of the CLS earlier from the I pad but the file was too large so it knocked me back.

Other than the Vitesse I’ve got a 1974 Vanden Plas Princess 1300 automatic with just 34k, a 1991 Mini Mayfair automatic with 24k and two Rover 75,s one which was my regular car, a 2002 2.5 V6 Connoisseur with 60k (now up for sale) and my current runner, a 2001 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE which has done 64k

The Rover 75 is without doubt one of the most comfortable cars I’ve ever had and at 17 years old it still looks lovely beside the CLS.
I think the Rover 75 deserved more success than it received. Shame really.

XIA 500 on a badly parked Lexus GS 450 in Sainsbury’s car park, North Cardiff today.
I guess the 450 number had already gone - or did he really want a Lexus 500?

Thanks for that. I’m a big fan of British motors currently driving a 52 plate S Type that is our everyday car.

My dad had a twin plenum Vitesse in a sort of silvery blue colour. I think it was a B plate.

The registration number SD 1 is owned by a titled family in Ayrshire. It would look nice on my SD1 Vitesse

New post with pictures require methinks! SD1 is one of the best cars of all time I think.

New post with pictures require methinks! SD1 is one of the best cars of all time I think.

Yes I really must get onto that, been nursing a bad cough for the last eight weeks but I think I’m getting past the worst.

JU57 WAX on a detailing van in Chelmsford, Essex.

I see WAX 3D or W4 XED on an Autoglym van as well quite a bit.

ddes12.jpg

Spotted in Tesco’s Cardiff today 26/11/18. Very nice Ferrari with H41 LEY correctly
4f16a8707917fd25f8ca736cbc3a1cc2.jpg
spaced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also spotted :-
17 U
on a 2009 white Audi ragtop in North
Cardiff. Couldn’t take a picture as I was driving.
I wonder how old that plate is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw T4NKS but it was sadly on a BMW rather than a rubber tracked Abrams which I felt was a bit of a waste, also DO51 COW on an Aston Martin.

Also spotted :-
17 U
on a 2009 white Audi ragtop in North
Cardiff. Couldn’t take a picture as I was driving.
I wonder how old that plate is?

Somewhere in the first batch of plate from 1903 > 1932.

My guess is the latter half of that period as initially the sequence was letter(s) and number(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom