Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My guess is it is the closest thing to "Krishna".

K215HNA would do it but easier to interpret with KR1 at the start.
I thought it was meant to be Kristina.

I’d always eschewed personalised plates, not least because during my many visits to the DVLA at Reading it appeared that the majority of people transferring them were travellers. But I’ve just bought one with my wife’s name on it, not that it’ll appear here because her name is virtually unique in the UK. It’s just nice to have a single digit following a single letter. I suspect most personalised plates mean nothing to anyone but the owner and some of their family/friends.

I’d always eschewed personalised plates, not least because during my many visits to the DVLA at Reading it appeared that the majority of people transferring them were travellers. But I’ve just bought one with my wife’s name on it, not that it’ll appear here because her name is virtually unique in the UK. It’s just nice to have a single digit following a single letter. I suspect most personalised plates mean nothing to anyone but the owner and some of their family/friends.
Blooming hell, have you bought a two digit registration number, one letter one number?

To go from not liking them to a two-digit plate in one go brings new meaning to the saying “in for a penny...”!

1 JS on a black Range Rover.

A few years back, I recall photographing 4 JS on a black Range Rover at our local Sainsbury's and asked the question...

IIRC our absent friend MOCAS said that 4 JS was not connected to Sainsbury's.

1 JS has got me thinking.

Blooming hell, have you bought a two digit registration number, one letter one number?

To go from not liking them to a two-digit plate in one go brings new meaning to the saying “in for a penny...”!
If only I had that sort of money to throw around! It's a fairly cheap (£250 from DVLA) single letter - single digit - 3 letter arrangement. Putting them all together, imagining the 7 is a T, and ignoring the space it looks like my wife's name.

I'm currently trying to decide how best to design the new plates: incorporating GB badge, including a border, 3D font? the favourite is clean and simple with no extras.

If only I had that sort of money to throw around! It's a fairly cheap (£250 from DVLA) single letter - single digit - 3 letter arrangement. Putting them all together, imagining the 7 is a T, and ignoring the space it looks like my wife's name.

I'm currently trying to decide how best to design the new plates: incorporating GB badge, including a border, 3D font? the favourite is clean and simple with no extras.
Got you, you mean it’s a single letter, then a single number, then three letters 👍🏻

Like you I prefer clean and simple. Those cars which we take abroad have the Euro GB symbol, the rest don’t.

I like to get mine from the main dealer so they’re legally spaced, with their logo and post code, and nothing else. I mount mine with a frame for the cleanest, straightest possible look.

Got you, you mean it’s a single letter, then a single number, then three letters 👍🏻

Like you I prefer clean and simple. Those cars which we take abroad have the Euro GB symbol, the rest don’t.

I like to get mine from the main dealer so they’re legally spaced, with their logo and post code, and nothing else. I mount mine with a frame for the cleanest, straightest possible look.
I hadn't thought about getting plates from the dealer so that their details are on there. I'll ask about them when I collect the car from its service this afternoon.

Friend of mine has a Clio Cup which is in showroom condition with the reg CL10 OMG.

Crazy thing is he bought it from the DVLA as soon as it came out, so got it for about £250!
I think that computer whizz kid that had something to do with this forum had CL10 CUP on his racing Clio.

Just because your wife’s name is virtually unique here in the UK, put it up anyway. After all this is a section for private/cherished plates.

I think that computer whizz kid that had something to do with this forum had CL10 CUP on his racing Clio.

Maff? He was the guy that owned the hosting company and a founding member of the forum. Way cool guy!

Wonder what his stable is like nowadays! He's had some interesting stuff including La Ferrari

Last edited:
Maff? He was the guy that owned the hosting company and a founding member of the forum. Way cool guy!

Wonder what his stable is like nowadays! He's had some interesting stuff including La Ferrari
That’s him. I think at one stage he had an F40, F50, F60 and a F70 all at the same time!! And a helicopter!
Hes quite young as well.

I thought it was meant to be Kristina.

Yeah could be - understanding what a plate means is obviously in the eye of the entity who owns the right to display.

I would think KR15TNA would be better for that but of course there is only one of each plate and maybe that one had gone quick and / or for too much dosh!

Don't normally find BMW that attractive, but must confess the rear of this one looks very muscular and purposeful!

106224328_10159925452828032_4345888898952852425_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom