Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1 CBE on a 'travelling persons' Mercedes estate in Horsell at the weekend.

N31LGt spaced and doctored to read NEIL GT on a silver astra in woking this morning.

Plus 10 CC on a Range rover in the rugby club car park on sunday. Didnt see Kevin Godley or Lol Creme in the clubhouse though!

Saw TES7 PAD to read TEST PAD on a sweet Audi S5 S-Line today (1st time I've seen a S-Line model). Blue and with RS wheels and tinted windows. :cool:

I saw

V1 TOB

on a vito van -- rearranged nice and illegally as VITO B...:)

A11 OYW Spaced A11OY W on a wheel repairers van yesterday

And P10DDS is on an X5.

Probably one like this...

bmwx5mk2.jpg

:rolleyes:

Z0000M on a Porsche

Parked in natural habitat too...partially on pavement AND double yellows...iffy plate....a great ad for Porsche drivers

Last edited:
Back in 1992 it was on a white Sapphire Cosworth

I hesitate to ask, and I know blokes on t'internet are famed for knowing all sorts of trivia - but how on earth can you remember what vehicle a random number plate was on 16 years ago?! Did you have a close encounter or something;)

I hesitate to ask, and I know blokes on t'internet are famed for knowing all sorts of trivia - but how on earth can you remember what vehicle a random number plate was on 16 years ago?! Did you have a close encounter or something;)

I was working at a car park - i remembered the distinctive plate and that a woman was driving a Cossie - quite an easy one to remember for me- suppose a bit Rain Man in that respect!:)
Mind you, my brother can recall every car owned over last 30 yrs by friends, colleagues and neighbours! :crazy::)

Saw '1 PAR' on a W202 estate the other day near Richmond Park.

You've just reminded me of a plate I saw on a (newish) Mercedes at a local Homebase - NPO 6
I still remember it on a a Mr Norman Perks Mercedes from when I worked in a Mercedes garage in the latter half of the seventies.
How sad is THAT.

Ps I also remember SUD 701L space3d SUD 7 OIL from the same era.
Oh, and PAM 7 on a W107

As a schoolboy I remember seeing "VAT 69" on a Rover P5, it's on a W211 E280 now.

(Apologies for not reading x hundred pages!) :)

In my yoof, VIP1 was on a Jag (XJ6, I think) in Southend. I also remember The Sun showed a scantily clad lovely with 50 5EXY on her car sometime in the '70s or early '80s.

Last week, I saw DEN74L with the '74' done wonky to look like DENTAL(I suppose DEN715T had already gone.

Felix Dennis (of Oz magazine infamy) had FD4 on his RR (which reminds me that 1800TU frequently appeared on RRs in photoshoots in the '70s - I never understood the reference).

A lot of the ' TU ' plates are owned by RR and Bentley for the press cars.

manalishi said:
1800TU frequently appeared on RRs in photoshoots in the '70s - I never understood the reference).

Most manufacturers use non-age related plates with reversible characters, so they can print their photos back to front for LHD markets, and the number plate still looks ok. Other than that, the plates rarely have any significance.

9N On a 206CC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom