Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's Birmingham. Bloody old, too.

My mate's dad had an old motorbike (about 30 years ago) with O45 as its original registration, making it the 45th vehicle ever registered in Birmingham, as his dad would tell us. :)

I saw a Range Rover the other day which I think belongs to Brains Brewery, Had the reg P1NTS. :D

Did your Dad's mate keep O45? - worth serious money today! Used to see O150 on MG Maestro in Brum owned by J H Brindley Co
Meanwhile here is 20th registered Brum plate
poloplate.jpg

Last edited:
I saw what appeared to be 45 today, but thought it must be 4S?

Travelling the other way so unable to double take.

Did your Dad's mate keep O45? - worth serious money today! Used to see O150 on MG Maestro in Brum owned by J H Brindley Co
Meanwhile here is 20th registered Brum plate
poloplate.jpg
Was many moons ago now. I'd guess my mate inherited it but we lost touch a while back when we both went globetrotting.
Nice spot on that plate. Funny to see valuable plates on average cars... reminds me of when I saw A1 on a cortina estate; it belonged to Dunlop and was apparently almost lost in the great V5 changeover when the paperwork was found languishing in a filing cabinet where someone had put it instead of sending it off!

^^ Nice spot.
Again though, why the crappy car?
Could've got a nice 190E to put it on, at the very least. :crazy:

PYK1E on an ML270 I saw in Wokingham once (Its probably already been posted on here - but the thread is just too long)

A good reg I saw on a silver e300/320 estate was TEN510N.
Looked superb,

Last edited:
30/40 Years ago my father in law sold or traded in his car with the reg PON 10 on it!

He moved from cheshire to rhos-on-sea around 3 years ago and lives just a few miles from the guy who has the reg now.

Saw H1 BEV on an Audi yesterday, A4 I think.

Yesterday saw N3 on a Range Rover Sport on the M1 near London and EV08TEN on an evo ten on the M6

Private plate

I am collecting my new CLC on Saturday and will be putting my private plate on it. I was an amateur boxer in the Army and went on to become a coach and referee. My number plate is TK05 COT.....TKO SCOT.

Xx 55 Amg?

Hi.

i saw this plate last year in Town, and its been listed on ebay... out of my budget, but looks quite cool..

1f 5ex V1

Oh and i saw the plate 1F on a bog standard e class diesel saloon 2-3 yrs ago in Finchely - nw London..

PLATE MUST BE WORTH 10 TIMES TO PRICE OF THE CAR.. lol

in Bristol, there was an sl600 on a road just off white ladies with plate 5EX

Nicest plate i seen was V1 on a Phantom.. wrong car lol but defo the right plate!

There was a Lotus Elise in Bridgwater, Somerset, back when I lived there, with B10 JOB as the reg.

My brother (RIP) had my favourite plate ever on a rare little two seater race-prepped roadster (can't remember the make but again, was pretty rare and incredibly quick). - BYE 1H
Extremely subtle, this one... it reads "HI" as it's coming up in your rear-view mirror, then "BYE" as it passes you (as it inevitably would). :D
:cool:

He also had B7 EKK (By 'eck) on a one-off RS Turbo Cosworth Cabriolet (built by Ford to order, originally - for some footballer, I think)..

Other notables I've seen in the past (apart from A1, as I mentioned previously) - 1A UK (on a Triumph Dolomite, possibly a sprint), BBC1 0K (on a BMW), JES50P (on a Porsche at a Photographic Expo) and DJ1 on some mediocre mid-range car (forget what but do have a pic somewhere).
Oh, I also saw BA57ARD on a 911 when my brother was driving me from the airport to pick up my 190E.

Nicest plate I saw for myself might have been PUG5 6 on a Rolls, many years ago in Solihull.

I have found an awesome reg still available at DVLA but I'll wait until I've saved up and bought it before I share that one. ;)

[edit] Nearly forgot... Back when they first introduced them on the 'H' reg, there was a nappy delivery service that took H20 POO (with the 2 staggered up slightly)

Oh and there's always this one (not seen personally but still funny, all the same).
coolnumb.jpg

Last edited:
A real beauty today...

SAU546E on a W163 ML. Spaced perfectly. Great plate!!

Also, EVA17S spaced to read EVAnS on a... Hearse - seriously!!?? :crazy:

There used to be a Toyota Rav 4 that lived round my area that had the plate F1 CAR. NOt seen it in a while mind you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom