Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saw G0BLE on a RangeRover in Shoreham today, driven by a little blonde mumsy type. Goble might be her surname or something but I obviously read it as Gobble and gave her the thumbs up, pointed at her plate and made the appropriate hand gesture.

MR 51MGH on something or other a while back. Post above reminded me of it.

KOO IE on a CLK in Blackpool town center this weekend.

sTeVe

A couple I've seen recently:

SEW 1N on a B Class - belongs to a the owner of a sewing machine shop

Belongs to a friend of mine. He has 1 SEW and SEW 1 aswell and runs an industrial sewing firm in south London. All on Mercedes cars:)

The Hawke I saw today, of course! 8 EWY

DSC07679.JPG

I saw ANC 110R spaced as ANCHOR with appropriate screwhead in Minehead recently.

Saw N4 NDO (correctly spaced) on a black Mini today, just around the corner from the Pimlico branch of Nando's; must surely be some connection. A few streets away there was silver M-Class wearing 61 MD, but quite incorrectly spaced as 6 IMD.

Over the weekend I saw a few around Chelsea/Belgravia, including:

1 AE on a green Audi A5
1 CY on a black BMW 5 series
68 Y on another black Mini

Also saw 70 MJ on a Lexus, incorrectly spaced as 70MJ. Not sure whether this was intended to look like TOM J, or was just a half-hearted attempt to outwit the congestion charge guys by making them wonder whether it might actually be 7 OMJ. Classic example of why the police really ought to crack down on incorrect spacing...

Saw one of Pimlico Plumber's vehicles today. This one was a pick-up truck with the number plate T11LER.

Seen any good ones?

Personally seen quite a few over the years; Steve Parish's Pen 15 :eek: (number plate that is!), Cliff's MOV 1T and ALF 1E :( (Not mine sadly)

As a new member ..........i went to school with good old Stevo Parish

he also has 6"nob!!!

Blowin my own trumpet here ...............I have K31TH J on my disco

I know both Sid Little & Keith Harris (they live around the corner from me

Sid has ..........SYD 126

& Keith's is awesome...................ORV1L

seen a few times around Cleveleys ...1AML on of course, An Aston Martin Lagonda!!!!

Also A mate of mine & his DAD owns Soothill Garage in Singleton He has 50 OTY & his dad has 500 TY

They got stopped on the M55 once for displaying the same number plate...... It got thrown out of court when Plod discovered they were BOTH legal plates

Last edited:
Also A mate of mine & his DAD owns Soothill Garage in Singleton He has 50 OTY & his dad has 500 TY

They got stopped on the M55 once for displaying the same number plate...... It got thrown out of court when Plod discovered they were BOTH legal plates

Surely this could have been established easily enough via the DVLA/PNC, or just by checking the cars' own tax discs? However, if the police's suspicions had been aroused in the first place because the plates were illegally spaced, then any prosecution really ought to have been upheld.

Just received retention certificate in todays post CLK 5S.
Guess what that's going on????? :dk:

Niiiice!! :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom