Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple spring to mind, that used to run around Reading

DR S1C...ie Dr Sic...on the back of a W123 estate owned by one of the local GP's :D

UFO 2 on the back of a Bentley

TUR1BO....on the back of a Porsche Turbo....last seen years ago.

R1 on a Clio of all things.....goodness knows how much that Reg would be worth. Used to be driven by an old girl.

I saw ELV1S a couple of weeks ago on a Porsche

FAT130Y (FATBOY) Mercedes in Swansea a million years ago driven by a fairly portly chap - really worked well.

In Torbay I have seen COM 1C on some TV comedians car, and we have a retired professional snooker player with CUE 1.

On the site that is selling the C43AMG Estate there is a Rolls Royce being sold with PEC 1L (can't see any significance) its price with plate when I looked was £3100

John

Saw J 13 ond (J Bond) on a green Aston in Hampton about a year ago aswell.
cut 1e on a white VW golf cabriolet in Pyrford surrey.

I shall be seeing G 13 EST soon when I have dinner with its owner! But of course he wont be driving!

glojo said:
In Torbay I have seen COM 1C on some TV comedians car,John

Owned by one J Tarbuck. Lives or used to in Burwood Park, Walton upon Thames just round the corner from Max Clifford!

Ok chaps, I typed some of the regs mentioned above on Tesco online insurance quotes site and it came up with the following cars for each of the registrations as found on the current database (note that as regs are bought and sold, this listing is current and may differ from the time you saw the plate on a car)

FAT130Y : FORD MONDEO 1.8I (94 ON) GHIA 5DR
MBC230K : MERCEDES C 230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT
007 : (comes up with nothing)
PEN 15 : MERCEDES ML 270 (01 ON) CDI
ALF1E : JAGUAR XJ8 3.2 (97-03) AUTO
MOV1T : MERCEDES SL 500 (96 ON) AUTO CABRIOLET
DRS 1C :MITSUBISHI SHOGUN (00 ON) AUTO ELEGANCE
R1 :RANGE ROVER VOGUE 2.5 (92-94) TDI
ORG45M : (comes up with nothing)
COL1N : (comes up with nothing)

John Peerce said:
I saw 007 on a Bentley (or Rolls, can't remember).

Justed checked that number on RAC and it is not recognised??? I wonder if it was being used in a film?

John

glojo said:
Justed checked that number on RAC and it is not recognised??? I wonder if it was being used in a film?
John

hi john, just did that myself (see message above) on Tesco online and also comes up with nohting for this and some of the other regs as well.

John Peerce said:

That fits with the vehicles I saw except PEN 15 was a long time ago on 3 litre capri! Hopefully Mr Parish has gained some taste and dropped the Fix Or Repair Daily in favour of a Mercedes!

John Peerce said:
Ok chaps, I typed some of the regs mentioned above on Tesco online insurance quotes site and it came up with the following cars for each of the registrations as found on the current database (note that as regs are bought and sold, this listing is current and may differ from the time you saw the plate on a car)

FAT130Y : FORD MONDEO 1.8I (94 ON) GHIA 5DR
MBC230K : MERCEDES C 230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT
007 : (comes up with nothing)
DRS 1C :MITSUBISHI SHOGUN (00 ON) AUTO ELEGANCE
R1 :RANGE ROVER VOGUE 2.5 (92-94) TDI
ORG45M : (comes up with nothing)
COL1N : (comes up with nothing)

CUE 1 is a 'Black' sports car but I can't remember the make.

Regards,
John

ORG45M Wont, it has 3 letters before the 1st number, its not a valid number

KillerHERTZ said:
ORG45M Wont, it has 3 letters before the 1st number, its not a valid number

ORG 45M is a valid number. It originates from the pre -prefix times when the year letter appeared at the end of the registration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom