Anyone seen this warning sign before?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ia64

Car
E350
Hello,

I was driving today at a slow speed on a high traffic road when the car suddenly activated the brake and gave me this warning sign. I happened twice; I restarted the engine and everything went back to normal. I couldn't find anything in the owner's manual.

I thought it was a lane steering assist but my car A205 2019 doesn't have this option anyway. Any clue ?

2355c343e085c25f3a354e528391673f.png

Could the blue P light be a clue?

Last edited:
Hello,

I was driving today at a slow speed on a high traffic road when the car suddenly activated the brake and gave me this warning sign. I happened twice; I restarted the engine and everything went back to normal. I couldn't find anything in the owner's manual.

I thought it was a lane steering assist but my car A205 2019 doesn't have this option anyway. Any clue ?

View attachment 114908
Cant contribute anything to this apart from being interested as to where in the world you are driving at 04.13 at slow speed with lots of traffic and its 30.5 degrees 🤔

You have the (variable speed) limiter set, hence the Lim indication, and your car is auto braking when you try to exceed hth

Collision detection system when you get too close to the car in front.

Hang on I’ll try again, this time shouting.

THE VARIABLE LIMITER IS SET SO YOUR CAR IS AUTO BRAKING TO STAY WITHIN THE LIMITER. THAT IS WHY ‘LIM’ IS VISIBLE IN THE PICTURE. ALL IN THE ONLINE HANDBOOK.

see if that works🤣

But how could he have been travelling at a speed higher than what the speed limiter was set to, in the first place? Or are you suggesting that he was setting the speed limiter just before the car braked?

You guys made my day with your sense of humor, I don't think it's related to the speed limiter as I was driving at a speed lower than 15kmph. The collision detection did not beep whatsoever and I don't think the emergency brakes are active at this low speed. I will check with the dealer next week.

I can't find anything related in the manual or online. BTW the LIM thing is always there on the screen even if you cancel or press reset. I usually set it to 120km/h and normally the car won't accelerate further but will never brake.

Every day a school day eh👍 Am not getting how the limiter indicator can be on even when the system is set to off, that is counter-intuitive. On my 2018 A205 the limiter indicator is only on when it’s on as it were. Looking forward to hearing what the Dealer says…

I agree that it is strange that LIM appears on dash of the OP's car when not selected.

Which speed limiter is this - the variable one that you use when driving through speed restrictions, or the permanent one for use with winter tyres?

Which speed limiter is this - the variable one that you use when driving through speed restrictions, or the permanent one for use with winter tyres?

The permanent one. It's worth mentioning that the car doesn't have the driver package, no distronic whatosever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom