Anyone take pics of a W210 rear centre seatbelt mounts?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by SilverSaloon, Aug 20, 2008.

1. SilverSaloon

SilverSaloon MB Club Veteran

Car:
    1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
    hi

I am in the process of considering upgrading my centre rear lapbelt to a 3 point inertia belt in my W124 estate to make it a true 7 seater.

At the moment I have found a good supplier where I can get the belt, buckle and support bracket:

http://www.securon.co.uk/fitting/extras/centreinstallations.htm

this would mean the existing 2 mountings for the lapbelt will be used and a new mount would be added in the boot area for the retractor.

However, this is all good, but I want to make it look as OEM as possible. Where is the centre retractor located on the W210 (or other estate merc models)?

A pic would be fantastic!!

This is just an idea at the moment - need to look into it a lot more before purcahsing/pursuing this mod!

thanks

Derek

2. OP
    OP
    SilverSaloon

Car:
  3. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    99 - E300 TD - W210
    Hi SS i will go out and check now - dont have digi cam though and i only have duff mobile phone - will see if i can get a loan of a cam from my neighbour give me 1/2 hr........:)

4. RodgerDodger

Car:
    99 - E300 TD - W210
    The rear central damper is located immediately under the rear parcel/speaker shelf directly between the rear n/s and centre headreast. Not sure if it bolted/connected to the parcel shelf metal frame or metal backrest frame (or both). Couldnt get a camera - sorry.
    I would imagine fitting the damper/tensioner would be fiddly but doable- Note: i think you would need a new parcel shelf panel - the shelf (brushed felt material) on the 210 is moulded around and above the damper.

SS - just read you post again - got mixed up between reading the carpet cleaning post and the seat belt post - obviously I have a Saloon - so the above is PANTS!!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  5. OP
    OP
    SilverSaloon

Car:
    Thanks for checking :)

was this a saloon though? the estate does have the shelf there...

6. 230K

230K Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    09 E320 cdi Sport Estate, 98 E300TD Estate, 99 SL 500
    Hi

The centre inertia belt is inside the folding back rest. It just appears out to the side of the headrest. Nothing much to photograph it is all concealed and our camera packed up yesterday honest!
    Maybe later i could get wifeys phone cam and do something for you.

Thanks,

7. RodgerDodger

Car:
    99 - E300 TD - W210
    Yes the saloon - thinking out loud, if you have a gap/shelf between the rear seats and the two seats in the back/boot, could the position of the damper/tesioner be made similar to the saloon. Obviously, the termination bold would have to be well secured to the chasis - please note I am no authority on this. :confused:

8. OP
    OP
    SilverSaloon

Car:
    Ah, I get you.

So its part of the seat back itself, rather than independent.....

Sounds like I wont be able to fit in the same place as W210 then.

will have to give this more thought. I thought about mounting it on the same mounts as the 7 seat mounts but not sure if the bolt would take the extra fastener as i do already have the belts in the back.

Thinking even more, if you wanted to use the centre belt then you could possibly just pull the offside 7 seat belt across to the rear seat........... the belt fits the buckle...... may not be worth doing the mod in this case.

its only really if someone wants to come along and not sit in the 2 seats in the boot and if its a long journey better off with the 3 point belt.

9. OP
    OP
    SilverSaloon

Car:
    i thought about this - mounting it on the boot floor just behind where the 7 seat bench folds up. But the floor here seems to be a false floor (i think the fuel tank is under here....?). i would have to lift the trim to see.