Anyone tried buying a new Mercedes recently?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Coming back to MB after a disastrous run with LR - rejected my Discovery Sport R Dynamic HSE 240 - took 14 months to get agreement but that was as much about furlough than anything else - got 95% of money back incl comp, so car was cheap to run for 14 months :)>).

I ordered a GLE 350 DE two weeks ago, couldn't be simpler. This was Drive the Deal, who put me in contact with a dealer - build slot confirmed and all paperwork done in 2 days and great discount. I got my E220 this same way and the experience was very efficient and courteous.
However, re spec, it is annoying that options is very limited - I would prefer a non black interior and be able to add HUD even with Premium Plus, but you can't have that unless its a GLE 53 or a GLE 350 DE coupe. That said, should be an OEM aftermarket option soon.
Brexit has limited choice, but buying is easy enough now.

Just had a look at "Drive the Deal" I was a bit wary when asked to Deposit £500 BEFORE I had been offered ANY Cars at Discounted Prices! :rolleyes: 🤔:oops:

Just had a look at "Drive the Deal" I was a bit wary when asked to Deposit £500 BEFORE I had been offered ANY Cars at Discounted Prices! :rolleyes: 🤔:oops:
They are as genuine as they come. I’ve bought a C63S Coupe and and Audi TT Quattro through them.

That makes sense; it will keep the timewasters down to a minimum. I presume they offer a no-quibble refund if you don't buy any of the cars they then offer?

That makes sense; it will keep the timewasters down to a minimum. I presume they offer a no-quibble refund if you don't buy any of the cars they then offer?

Polite Version: I'm afraid I bottled out before getting that far so I don't know, Carwow don't ask for anything upfront or afterwards! :rolleyes:

Other Version: You want £500 Quid Deposit to a Bank and Company that I have never heard of before today, Feck that for a Game of Soldiers! ;)

I looked at Drive the Deal before ordering my C43. They wanted introduction fees and then a “completion fee” of £1k! Total fees were something daft like £1.5k. I told him to shove it.

in contrast, I have used Coast 2 Coast in the past with absolutely no fees paid by be (dealer pays) and had no hassle. Unfortunately this time, the dealer used by C2C didn’t have a build slot so I ended up going with my local dealer. I’m fairness I got him down to within £750 of the C2C price. Not ideal but he had the only build slot available for the franchise (or so he says)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom