Anyone Tried Micro Scalextric?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
Hi there has anyone tried Micro Scalextric?

I'm thinking of getting the McLaren Vodaphone Mercedes F1 set for my five and a half yr old boy.

The reviews are mixed from "the best present ever" to "fiddly and the cars/track go wrong".

Hmm...sounds just like Scalextric from when I was a kid.

I wouldnt bother with a 5 year old, the track is too fiddly and sensitive - both he and you will get very frustrated.

I wouldnt bother with a 5 year old, the track is too fiddly and sensitive - both he and you will get very frustrated.

Yeah - that's what's worrying me.

I got well into Scalextric when I was 10/11/12 - and was forever fiddling about with it to keep in going.

Then later on as a student - same issues though.

I'm so ungrateful...

...as my wife bought me a McLaren micro scalextric for my 50th birthday last year - but I've relegated it to storage, totally un-used, as I don't consider it to be a 'real' scalextric.

I suspect she really bought it for herself (being an F1 fan too), as she occasionally badgers me to set it up.

Micro scalextric is too small for a 5 yr old. By him a cheap kids one and get yourself a full on tamya R/C car.....big toys for big boys!

i bought a micro set for my granson about 5 years ago 2 mb saloons and it was great,it was very robust,the body came off the cars somtimes when catapulted across the room but they clipped back on without any damage.regards track connection problems i found them better than the full size sets,you can get all types of extras for them.i gave it all away 6 months ago and it was still woking.

i bought a micro set for my granson about 5 years ago 2 mb saloons and it was great,it was very robust,the body came off the cars somtimes when catapulted across the room but they clipped back on without any damage.regards track connection problems i found them better than the full size sets,you can get all types of extras for them.i gave it all away 6 months ago and it was still woking.
How old was your grandson at the time?

BTW I went for a Hotwheels set in the end.

I played with one at that age - simpler and more robust.

And this one's got TWO loop-the-loops. And TWO power boosters
Can't wait till Christmas day......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom