Anyone tried Microsoft Virtual Earth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dragon

Banned
Quite happy with Google Earth.

Just tried to download Microsoft Virtual Earth, horror, have to pay subscription. :eek:

Any tales before I pay this?

If it not any better than Google Earth why bother to waste any money. :D

So you are quite happy with google earth. :confused:

Last edited:
I'll ellaborate: So if you are quite happy with google earth why even think about paying for a virtual earth subscription?

Or to put in car terms - I'm quite happy with my 202, I'm just trying to buy an E36.

I'll ellaborate: So if you are quite happy with google earth why even think about paying for a virtual earth subscription?

Or to put in car terms - I'm quite happy with my 202, I'm just trying to buy an E36.

It just curiosity. Saw BBC used it. Got tired of using Google Earth.

I remember I tried beta and it was free at that time.

Total shock have to pay.:D

AFAIK it still is free if you don't want the full corporate stuff.

Or you could go for the SDK and an evaluation licence to try it out.

How do I bypass this............................

https://secure.signupsecurity.com/p...tualearth&cli=6&descriptionid=software&lng=en

pay pay pay with credit card.:devil:

Disclaimer: This website has no affiliation whatsoever with the owner of these software programs, and provides only links to the software programs.
This software may be obtained freely. New computer users should find our services valuable, and a time saver. If you are an advanced computer user, you probably don't need our services. Membership is for unlimited access to our site's resources.
We provide an organized website with software links, technical support,
tutorials and step by step guides.​

Last edited:
Disclaimer: This website has no affiliation whatsoever with the owner of these software programs, and provides only links to the software programs.

This software may be obtained freely. New computer users should find our services valuable, and a time saver. If you are an advanced computer user, you probably don't need our services. Membership is for unlimited access to our site's resources.
We provide an organized website with software links, technical support,

tutorials and step by step guides.​
Membership Options and Features
1x1.gif
3 Years Unlimited Software Download & Support for ONLY £27.95 £6.59/year (best value!)2 Years Full & Unlimited Access for only £9.85/year1 Year Full & Unlimited Access for only £1.26/monthGet one year full protection against intrusion with ETD Scanner for only £0.75/month (one-time billing) with FREE updates and FREE technical support.Add the award-winning download accelerator and download up to 300% faster, only £5.95, with unlimited technical support (Recommended).
1x1.gif
Payment Method
All funds are in GB Pound
gb.gif
1x1.gif
cards5_h27.jpg
1x1.gif

Ok some translation is clearly needed to help you along.

This website has no affiliation whatsoever with the owner of these software programs = This is not a microsoft web site.

This software may be obtained freely. = If you have any common sense you'll go and get a free copy from Microsoft.

First thing I noticed when I went to that link was the total lack of the word Microsoft on the page.

What use is there for having Virtual Earth at the moment - it is still being continually developed and just moved from infancy to toddlership. You have about another 13yrs before its legal to have an intimate relationship with.

If its curiosity thats driving you, then go ahead subscribe to it and write a reveiw for everyone else - but please, make it a sensible one!! (not just a rant that you got ripped off, because its your personal decision to pay)

Ok some translation is clearly needed to help you along.

This website has no affiliation whatsoever with the owner of these software programs = This is not a microsoft web site.

This software may be obtained freely. = If you have any common sense you'll go and get a free copy from Microsoft.

First thing I noticed when I went to that link was the total lack of the word Microsoft on the page.

So, what are you saying ;)

Quite happy with Google Earth.

Just tried to download Microsoft Virtual Earth, horror, have to pay subscription. :eek:

Any tales before I pay this?

If it not any better than Google Earth why bother to waste any money. :D

you can get the free Beta version here, but if you read the report about it on this Microsoft page it admits that Google is better, so I wouldn't bother to be honest

you can get the free Beta version here, but if you read the report about it on this Microsoft page it admits that Google is better, so I wouldn't bother to be honest
Dragon wasn't actually looking at MS Virtual Earth - but a third party service that provides additional services on top of it at a cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom