Anyone tried the driver alerts for Becker mappilot yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bb178

Car
2012 C220
looks like the Becker are now offering safety alerts for the Becker mappilot

dangerSpots.jpg

from here https://www.beckermappilot.com/shop/login/products/lang/en/p/dangerspots-eu/v/3

Anybody downloaded them yet?

is this just for Germany or does this incorporate the UK?

I have it on mine and it works ok, maybe sometimes too well in the fact that sometimes a camera is shown on the screen, but there isn't one there and I've never seen one there in the last 10years plus.

Other than that and the slightly high price, I recommend it:thumb:

I have it on mine and it works ok, maybe sometimes too well in the fact that sometimes a camera is shown on the screen, but there isn't one there and I've never seen one there in the last 10years plus.

Other than that and the slightly high price, I recommend it:thumb:

I had another GPS with speed camera locations, but the thing went off so often, I ended up ignoring it, is not like that is it?

I guess you can not add or remove cameras, like you can on a tomtom?

Thanks

I have had it,for a few weeks now, easy to download. I gues its hard to know exactly how good it is, but it has certainly flagged up all the camers I know of locally and warned of others out of my local area. in response to bb178, no you can't add or remove camera locations, as far as being intrusive, I would rather have too many warnings than not enough. When it does bleep you can look at the map to see what it is warning about as cameras show up in red. So all in all so far I think it was worth downloading

came on to talk about the same thing, noticed this package when i went on to check i was still up to date - thanks for the feedback i think i'll go for it. 25 EUR pays for itself if it stops you from getting caught once doesn't it :cool:

screen792.jpg

bit the bullet and paid for it, will feedback on how good/accurate it is :thumb:

I bit the bullet also, downloaded it and also got the new firmware update which has quite a few nice additions like hazard display ie corner ahead,slippery surface etc.

Well worth the £20.00,

Well I downloaded them in the end, and they seem ok, I still wish for a offline poi editor for the becker, maybe it will come as becker does seem to be standing by its product and providing updates!

I downloaded the firmware update tonight, we will see how that goes!

For the danger spots, the good is;

lots of cameras marked (all over Europe) and importantly the ability to completely remove (with no trace left behind) the danger spot function from the device from inside the car if you are stopped by the gendarmerie

the bad, a few too many cameras marked e.g. traffic flow cams (on the long poles that monitor traffic on the motorway) and also it seems it will also warn you of cameras on roads adjacent to the one you are driving on if close enough

also if you do remove the cameras from inside the car, the only way to put them back is to connect the device to your computer, but i guess that's both a negative and a positive!

Last edited:
new firmware update which has quite a few nice additions like hazard display ie corner ahead,slippery surface etc.

Well worth the £20.00,

Hi, this is not the case, the new features come from version 2.51 software, the new firmware only upgrades the windows ce operating system, with the new firmware the unit operates and functions identically

everyone probably already knew this, but i didn't... you have to enable the danger spot alerts when you get it into the car after updating it. i just assumed that they would be on automatically, but they're not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom