Anyone use a BlackBerry on O2 PAYG

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by terrymcg, Oct 21, 2011.

1. terrymcg

terrymcg Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W164 ML 320CDI
    Does anyone use their BB handset on O2 PAYG? Got rid of my contract due to moving to Oz in the New Year.

Ever since going onto the O2 BB Text and Web package, I have no connection to the BB Enterprise Server. Could anyone else who has one on PAYG check for me please?

Thanks,

2. Sp!ke

Sp!ke Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    SL500 & The Fart Car
    There are two different contacts BIS and BES. BIS gioves you internet mail and BES gives you Enterprise email via a BES.

I suspect you are paying for the cheaper BIS contract. I'm not even sure if you can get BES on PAYG.

3. OP
    OP
    terrymcg

terrymcg Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W164 ML 320CDI
    Cheers, thats what I was thinking. But for the 1st week of PAYG I had both 100%. Now I just have BIS and my exchange account does not push very fast nor do I get my Calender syncing.!

4. Sp!ke

Car:
    SL500 & The Fart Car
    You wouldnt get any email imho if you were on BIS.

If you get them but they are slow, then perhaps you should get your BES admin to resend your servicebooks or give you another activation key so you can reactivate.

I take it youve pulled the battery from your device and done a hard reset since the last RIM outage?

5. npuk

npuk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
    Text and Web for BlackBerry - Pay & Go
    [​IMG]

Key benefits
    • Top up £15-£29 and get 500 UK texts, 500MB UK data plus BlackBerry email & unlimited Wi-Fi
    • Top up £30+ and get unlimited UK texts, 500MB UK data plus BlackBerry email & unlimited Wi-Fi

6. Sp!ke

Car:
    SL500 & The Fart Car
    That is for the Blackberry Internet Service though and not Blackberry Enterprise Service I suspect.

You could be getting your email via desktop redirector I guess but the calendar sync would be via USB only IIRC.

7. npuk

npuk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
    Yes that is all you get on pay as you go. If you want the full service get a 30day rolling sim only contract from o2 or vodafone. Buy via quidco for cashback.