Anyone use a Mb Limousine as a Private vehicle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
As above, does anyone on here use a Mb limo as a private vehicle?

How do you get on with parking it in carpark? eg 2 tickets? is it even allowed in such places?

Just thought id give you a giggle but interested to know how people manage lol:D

I saw a D3 A8 on holiday this year in a multi-storey.

Backed right up to the wall, it must have stuck out about 2ft from the other cars including our Juke.

You can only buy one ticket in that car park at a time anyway.

A pal has a W123 LWB ex funeral car which he uses to run about - apparently his kids love being dropped at school in it , and plenty of pals who want lifts home in it .

My 500SEL , while not a limo ( unless you use the German term re which any saloon car is a 'limousine' , my Ponton is described as such on the V5 and the factory build card ) was my daily transport for five years and never caused any difficulty .

I'm not sure how much longer a W123 or W124 limo is over an SEL , but I'd guess not a huge amount .

Yes , on street parking spaces might be a problem , just as it is with a long van or a trailer where you can't strictly legally occupy two , but I guess you will get away with it a lot of the time - I certainly have no problem in supermarket or other car parks taking two spaces lengthwise if I have the trailer on , and in unregulated street parking if you can find a space big enough you just park .

Yes I had a sel also , just saw a nice w124 limo and wondered how peeps manage lol, I wonder how much over a w126 sel they are in length?

I ran a W220 S500L for just under 4 years as a private car. Not a stretched limo of custom funeral car but still an extended wheelbase.

Parked it most places but never squeezed it in.

Had an interesting 'chat' in Edinburgh with a parking nazi that threatened to ticket me for exceeding the dimensions of the bay.

I told him to go ahead and make sure he photographed both ends of the vehicle so I could counter him as the bays provided were too small for my private, non-customised, car. He walked off in a huff.

If you have a large car, you learn to park accordingly.

From memory my w126 sel was 196 inches, just found out a 6 door w124 is 218 inches so not that much really i suppose lol "Oh dear" lmfao humm multi stories could be a issue :/

About a foot longer than a w140 i believe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom