Anyone use DDR Surrey for AMG service?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmW204

Car
2009 C63 AMG Estate
Hi everyone,

I have done a quick search and have found DDR surrey come reccomended on this forum and Pistonheads but all those I have seen have used them have been non AMG cars (at least as far as I can tell). My early 2009 C63 requires a large B service (according to the manual slightly larger than other B services as the LSD fluid and I think one or two other things that are not in every B service. Their fixed price schedule seems very competitive.

Having only bought the car in December I really want to find someone reputable, honest and experienced to look it over and identify any bits that need doing while not ripping me off! (car is very low miles at just under 25k and immaculate inside and out, drives like new, but it is still a 5 year old car and was and is now again parked outside)

Has anyone used DDR for large services or work on AMG cars? Reccomended or issues?

I know that PCS always come hugely reccomended here but I just cant get down there conveniently without taking a day off!

I used James Leigh for my old C220 a while ago but I am not sure they have the full STAR (?) diog systems and also want someone who is used to working on AMGs - from what I saw they tended to deal with older cars.

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Hi

I used them when I bought my CL55 for a gearbox oil change and to trace a drive line vibration. Very friendly and help full. I've worked on and around the trade my how career and I was and remain happy to leave my car with them for the stuff I don't want to do.

I have used them for a B service on a CLC, with Digital Service Book, he has Star and the ability to update the DSB.

I don't see any reason not to let him service your AMG. I was happy.

A decent indie is a good option check out the forum sponsors.

Also have a look at Amg service care it might be beneficial for you as you have a expensive service due, I took one out for my c63 bs for the next three services B A and B and it was a significant saving as opposed to paying for the services and extras when they would have been due.

Amg service care now covers cars of any age - Whichever model of Mercedes-Benz you drive*, Service Care provides you with comprehensive cover and plans can be taken out on new or used vehicles whatever the age.

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/con...ice-care/amg_service_care/amg_rates.0002.html

The ess will show you everything including extras due at your next service -

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/con...rship/maintenance/understanding_your/ess.html

Last edited:
Thanks for all of your replies, CL55 is confidence inspiring as I would imagine they are about as complex a car as you can get!

The_Don; thanks I have looked at that but it still seemed a fair bit more than the good Indy prices; a total cost of £1,620 for the 3 service deal an average of £540 a service so in my case 3 B and an A, while DDR are quoting less than £300 for a B service alone, the merc website quotes for my nearest to work dealer was about £620.

Given an A service is a fairly basic once-over and oil change that still seems a lot for a 3 pointed star stamp (even an electronic one), though i know they do also offer some degree of guarantee on their work? What does that actualy cover? **Edit: can't actualy see any reference to this on the Merc website afterall, maybe it was just a myth?!

That is assuming I have read it correctly; £45 per month for 36 months?

Last edited:
Very Useful.. These guys based in Ashtead?

I have used TM Motors in West Mosley.. They had apparently fixed my Battery Drain charged a decent amount only to find there is still a drain... The indie is recommended on other forums, but having been burnt once im not going back to them. DDR are alot closer to home for me, so will give them a sout. But there is another forum sponser based near Hindhead? who are highly recommended.

E55MO said:
Very Useful.. These guys based in Ashtead? I have used TM Motors in West Mosley.. They had apparently fixed my Battery Drain charged a decent amount only to find there is still a drain... The indie is recommended on other forums, but having been burnt once im not going back to them. DDR are alot closer to home for me, so will give them a sout. But there is another forum sponser based near Hindhead? who are highly recommended.

Yes -

http://www.prestigecarservice.co.uk

I've used DDR for about 4 years now and I can thoroughly recommend them. The owner Dan keeps his promises and I've never had any surprises when it came to paying! I don't have a real AMG but I've seen a few there when I've dropped my car off.

Thanks for the further reply billy21. I think will drop them a mail to get a confirmed quote - the car says it is due a service now but this is on time only - is has only done about 4-5k in the last year, is running ok, oil is clean etc and as i have just had another big bill to pay the service is going to have to wait a few more weeks!

Just to follow up - used them and very happy with the service service. Friendly and welcoming and the car was done by lunchtime. That said they didn't beleive me that the car had an LSD and so needed the diff oil changing - but checked and had it done for when I picked it up.

All in it wasn't as good value as I had hoped by the time I paid for Mobile 1 upgrade, diff oil etc etc but it was certainly a lot better than Merc dealers quoted.

Next time if i get there i will look to supply my own oil i think which should save a fair bit. overall over a and b services even with the extras on top of the basic service price from DDR and other indys it looks better value than the merc package albeit without the name and a few other frills...

However - they do suspect a bigger issue with the car i will post separtely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom