Anyone used a Nokia 8800 Arte?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Faz Choudhury

Just ordered one, anyone have any experience with them?

yeah I used to have one of those, loved it except the battery was a little weak. I think the Arte is the newer model that Nokia have brought out

I have the Arte Sapire, the one with the leather.

Its a good phone, mine keeps crashing but a softwar update should fix that.

Are you getting the Carbon Arte or the regular arte?

Its a good phone, mine keeps crashing but a softwar update should fix that.

Sorry about that, I worked on the software :(

Did you get it fairly soon after it went on sale? (Tip: wait at least 6 months if you want a phone which has had most of the bugs fixed!)

Sorry about that, I worked on the software :(

Did you get it fairly soon after it went on sale? (Tip: wait at least 6 months if you want a phone which has had most of the bugs fixed!)

I got the phone about 3 months ago, it has software version V05.21, 30-1107 RM-233, is there a new version of the software available?

Bar the crash, you have made a damn good phone, shame it cant syn with exchange.

I got the phone about 3 months ago, it has software version V05.21, 30-1107 RM-233, is there a new version of the software available?

Bar the crash, you have made a damn good phone, shame it cant syn with exchange.

Yes, I'd be surprised there wasn't a newer version available - yours is over 1 yr old. Can check on monday when I'm back in the office if you like. Alternatively you can download the Nokia Software Updater which should automatically fetch the latest available version and reflash the phone via USB.

The Carbon was released last quarter of 2008, I wanted to get the Carbon but Vodafone said that they were not going to be selling it.

The main difference between the Carbon and the sapphire, apart from the look, is that it has 4Gb memory as opposed to the Sapphires 1Gb.

may sound a stupid question, but how do you find the interface? sharp, or very much similar to the old 8800?

also whats the calender/organiser feature like, ie for work etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom