Anyone used Mercedes (Sytner) Milton Keynes bodyshop repair?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclass

Car
c class
Hi All

Have a service booked with these guys but in the interim someone drove into my passenger rear, looks like just the bumper has been hit, damage looks fairly light, I called them and they are also going to give me a bodyshop quote, since the accident also getting a rubbing sound on hard cornering, they said that would be chargeable for the workshop to look at if the bodyshop cannot diagnose so thats a bit annoying, not sure I'm going to go for that if the bodyshop cannot pickup on the cause.

Third party insurance called me directly admitting liability and offering to pay the garage of my choice so hoping the process should be fairly easy.

Has anyone used their bodyshop and have the results been good?

Feedback would be appreciated :)

I had a minor bump, Sitner (Bedford) same group, use an independant body shop, so don't have their own, presume MK will be the same

Nope, but a friend of a friend works there and he does do a decent job....

Thanks, Grimree did they do a decent job?

I reckon a new bumper but not sure, insurers assessor is coming out soon to inspect too.

I’d be surprised if the dealer was actually doing the repair, not many have their own body shop.

I’d be surprised if the dealer was actually doing the repair, not many have their own body shop.
True, I'm thinking I probably get a better warranty though and easier to get things sorted if I deal via them.

Used them back in March after the third party dealt a glancing blow to my nearside front quarter as she came through a red light at a T-junction. Excellent work, quickly sorted by Sytner Drive. As has been said, probably not their body shop but I've got the Mercedes warranty.

I was going to say, they never used to have their own body shop - before it was Sytners they used a body repair place in Woburn along with most car dealers in the MK area.

Check what repair they intend to carry out.

I had a similar incident last year where the damage was limited to the side of the rear bumper.

I didn’t get too involved and let the insurance company pick the car up assuming that they would replace the bumper.

They attempted a repair which looked awful so I rejected the repair and insisted on a replacement bumper to which they agreed.

Worth checking what they intend to do, could save you the messing about that I had to deal with.

Thank you all for the useful replies, I'll try and insist on a new bumper based on your experience Kianok, also good to know they have their own bodyshop :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom