Anyone used SMART insurance provided by Lexus (autoprotect.net / smartinsurance.com) ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derektrotter

Car
MB
Hi All

I recently purchased a Lexus and the dealer offered the usual add-ons, one of them was the cosmetic insurance / SMART cover.

Although branded Lexus when you read the documentation it looks like claims are via www.smartinsurance.com or [email protected], has anyone used this company before and was the service good? rightly or wrongly I'm thinking as its Lexus branded it may be more decent then the online policies you can get, I've been offered it for a discounted £350 for 3 years which i'm thinking might be good peace of mind if the product actually works, on their website it sounds reasonable enough - Our Insurance Products | Lexus UK

- Scratches, scuffs and dents up to 300mm in diameter and 3 mm deep.
- Stone chips up to 5mm in diameter and 1.5mm deep.
- Covers vulnerable panels including front and rear valances

Advice appreciated :)

Try asking on the Lexus forum?

It's a bit sleepy over there!..:cool:

Regarding the smart insurance, I seem to recall someone (here?) had quite a fight getting a carpark ding authorised for repair. These companies tend to be very strict on the interpretation of the T&Cs
Just because it has Lexus branding it will still be administered by Autoprotect?

I treat all the extras as a con regardless usually.

I prefer to have a range of known local independents who can fix whatever damage I cause and wish to get fixed.

I guess it depends how accident-prone / careful you are but I've rarely had to get anything repaired so I am quids in!

I also don't have the irritation of some sub-standard company refusing a claim because of some pedantry they come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom