Anyone used Swiss Watches Direct?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Today, I tried on a nice Breitling Avenger Seawolf in Ernest Jones. Always thought highly of Breitlings and shall take the plunge at some point. This model retails at £3,070 in Ernest Jones. However, on Swiss Watches Direct they're £2,310. Others on a watch forum have used them and rate them... genuine watches etc, but of course there is the niggling doubts of not buying via the bricks and mortar of a shop.

I enquired into their practice and received a phonecall who explained they source directly from Breitling without the overhead of a retail shop and can work with much smaller margins. They've been going for around 7 years.

What are your thoughts?

swisswatchesdirect.co.uk

Thank you

R

I've always used them as a reference point and also heard good things about them but there is usually a decent lead time.

Payment via CC and follow up with the watch producer will give you every reassurance you need.

Why not print off the webpage and have a chat with Ernest Jones with a view to price matching ? You might be surprised ...

I'm currently considering a VERY nice Longines Master with EJ but will make my final decision when I return back from Amsterdam next week.

Pretty sure Longines Master is what my dad has, is that an Automatic?

I would most certainly ask could they get close to the price, I've been looking at Omegas and our jewlers would 'deal' with the internet prices. I don't mind paying a little more for the personel service.

We have spent a small fortune in this particular jewlery shop but its the little things, say we have a function or wedding to go to they will clean and polish our own rings and wifes watch for free while we sip sparkling wine....

I nice touch.

I have been uming and r-ring... over an Omega watch for a big birthday coming up for ages... and have come to the desision that for me I feel its too selfish. Right or wrong with family and other things we could all benifit from other things a 'posh' watch is on hold.

I have decided however on a much cheaper one that I think I will be as happy with...I will start my own thread rather than hyjack this :)

Pretty sure Longines Master is what my dad has, is that an Automatic?

Yes, automatic but with a built-in power reserve of 46 hours.

L2.714.4.78.3_main.jpg

Hi, read about the warranty, nothing iffy but 'you have the option of having the manufacturers warranty instead of our own' or words to that effect.

I haven't been overly impressed with them in the past. If you have the luxury of time then speak to Blowers jewellers. I rate them hugely. They are based in Hull which is a pain for me but when I bought my last rolex from them they sent it to me, with a holding deposit on my card, and let me wear it for a few days to make my mind up.

They are very competitive on price and do a good trade in 2nd hand unworn/unused watches.

I would really start there (and I do on my watch purchases).

Just to add the only problem i have with Blowers is trying not to trade up when I see unused watches which are cheaper than the new retail on a 'lesser' watch I had already spied!

They get so many watches in the website is normally a few days behind so give them a ring.

HTH

I'm an avid collector of watches and I recently purchased a Tag Heuer Monaco from Swiss watches direct. The process of ordering was quite easy and I was kept informed until the day the watch was distributed to me. So for the process of ordering I can give them 5/5. However, I'm afraid the after service care is not quite as good. The watch I bought from them doesn't seem to run for as long as it should do and its power reserve, I've noticed it also loses time overnight even though I've wound it properly. I've written to them a couple of times and I have heard absolutely nothing back. So as far as I'm concerned, they are around you like flies around the cowpat when you show interest in one of their products, once I got your money they're not really bothered about helping you anymore.

I would also question where this watch came from and how long it's been sitting around. All my other watches are automatic and I don't have problems like this. Sometimes you have to do is ask yourself that one question "is it too good to be true" I wouldn't use them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom