Anyone used these clip on blinds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

For my wifes new car I'm thinking we may use it for Holiday so looking at some blinds.

The Mercedes ones are around £100 each side then the back one and I've never seen the little 3/4 window ones..

This kit is £90 for all of them? seem to look much better than mothercare type?

Anyone have them, seems you can have the window down and they still are usable also which is neat.

UV Car Shades and Car Blinds, Ultimate Year Round Protection

Last edited:
Hi,

I had them on a previous car. They are very effective, with a few caveats:
1 - be careful when fitting the clips to your door to leave them long enough for the adhesive to stick well - otherwise they're never "right" :wallbash:
2 - I didn't reallly like the two-part rear window shade, and hardly used it. Big black vertical line right down the middle of the rear view mirror...
3 - visibility through the rear windows diminishes quite a lot - especially the driver side, where you lose the "over the shoulder glance" for checking the blind spot. But you get used to it pretty quickly.

On balance I would say they are good - and they are removable if you or another driver of your car don't fancy them in.

Regards,
Eddie

Do you not just fancy getting them tinted? I got my wife's Audi A4 done. It's great for the kids in the back as it provides protection from the sun and reduces heat inside the car. Also very good for privacy and viewing rear facing TV's. Cost £200 and looks the business!

^ yes

I already have a quote for a remap and proper tint :)

I just thought these looked quite neat...

volvo have a very similar thing (maybe from the same manufacturer) as factory accessories.

I bought a set for the S60 and they do the job nicely. I couldnt fold them back into their torage bags though so when not in use they have to lay flat on the floor of the boot.

Passport control were less than impressed at calais though as they asked to lower the window to check my youngest but even with the window down, the blind stayed in place. :eek:

Last edited:
I've got them on my 5 Series and they're great. As a company car our fleet company don't allow tinted windows so I've opted for these. Keep the car nice and cool. Having said that, even with tinted windows blinds are still worthwhile. My brother has factory tints and blinds on his X5 and that combination works very well.

As Fast Eddie stated, take care when fitting the clips to your door. You need to get them in the right position and then leave them long enough for the adhesive to stick well - otherwise they're never "right". My passenger side one often falls off because I tried to re-position the clip. I'm yet to find any decent adhesive pads to replace it. The other side is fine as I put it in the right place first time around and didn't need to move it.

I considered buying a replacement set of clips but the manufacturer / supplier wants £12 + postage & VAT.

They look good on the A class and the BM

Its my wifes car and the only thing I'm put off about is the bar down the centre of the rear window one.

Otherwise they look great :)

To be honest the bar down the middle is not that bad.

To be honest the bar down the middle is not that bad.

I'd echo that, you don't really notice it much at all after a few days of having them fitted. It was the only thing I was worried about when I was thinking about getting them. It's visible from inside but it doesn't detract too much and you get used to it. From outside it's not that noticeable...

I have the MB ones on the rear side windows of my C220 Coupe - they are great, prescise fit etc. Bought from ebay, cheap as chips.
I ordered the rear window one from MB to match, aweful product didn't fit the window shape at all just a band across the middle. Returned it & got a full refund.

Just to add...

If I go for these are they easy to clip off and on if the wife doesn't like the back one for example?

Thanks

Just to add...

If I go for these are they easy to clip off and on if the wife doesn't like the back one for example?

Thanks

Hi,

the side windows were very easy to clip on and off, the two-part for the back window had lugs which slide under the upholstery rather than clip-on.

I'd vote for tints over shades, very happy with the tints on my current car.

Regards,
Eddie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom