Anyone used these for parts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have bought several branded (Sachs, Lemforder etc) parts for my CLK and BM E46 from Autodoc Berlin using their website www.bestpartstore.co.uk. Always been pretty happy with them, the parts are genuine and pricing and delivery have been very reasonable.

Interestingly enough, they have the same address in Berlin; Josef Orlopp Strasse 55 and telephone 'hot line' 020 3322 2239 as your query site www.onlinecarparts.co.uk.

Guess its just the same outfit covering the market, think you will be OK with them.

Hi guys was looking for parts for the big SL now that it's due it's yearly service and MOT. Been less than 4000 miles since last yrs and I came across this site
Ignition Distributor/ Parts for MERCEDES-BENZ SL (R129) 500 (129.067) - from 09.1992 320 hp ? Spark/ Glow Ignition

What you reckon? Prices seem good, maybe a little too good!

As above, I have bought parts from this Berlin outfit. My opinions:

1. Ignition parts for these cars should be the very best; MB original if you can part with the cash. If not, in my experience, Beru or Bosch ONLY. Sadly, of late, people are reporting lower quality from Bosch. So, with a car like that, I'd be tempted to advise MB only. I get my MB original parts from:
Originalteile - Willkommen bei den KFZ Teile Profis

Far better prices than MB.

2. The Berlin outfit. I placed a large order with them specifying Lemfoerder flex discs and spring pads. And lots of other stuff.
Everything arrived as ordered except for the flex discs/spring pads and I received Febi/Meyle. I complained and they said they were equivalent parts. I said that I didn't order equivalent parts, I ordered Lemfoerder. They agreed to replace them if I sent them back*.

When I saw the shipment, the Febi flex discs turned out to be made by SGF, the original, respected MB supplier. I decided to accept them.

I couldn't be bothered to ship the Meyle spring pads back so I've bought MB original from the place above.

So, if I ever place another order with Berlin, I'll get their guarantees that they'll ship what I ordered and NOTHING else.

I suggest you do likewise.

Good hunting and do try to treat your super car to the best ignition parts.

RayH

Gents thanks for the replies.
I replaced the rotor arms myself which I was chuffed with as Ive never done anything on engines. Previous owner had 1 very and 1 bremi rotor arm so changed to new beru units.

I'm gonna have the caps done at my service as it's misfiring and when I checked the caps one has a slight hole in the under side of it.

I only use good parts but nothing wrong with shopping around. I had a stone through bumper when first brought the car and cracked radiator. Had a customer built one from Germany to match original instead of cheaper UK sourced alternative. Cost me £200 more .

I'm staying away from Bosch as I've heard a fair bit that their quality has dropped. Will take a look at the other site. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom