Anyone Used We Buy Any Car.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All the reasons above is why I think Evan's Halshaw is a better option than WBAC. The online quote only asks for car make/model, mileage, and service history. The dealer takes some photos of the car and sends the info to "head office" who then provide the quote, simples.

Last night, I thought I'd see how much WBAC would give me for the clk. They came back with a quote of £500 assuming all was good with the car, so after adding the scratch on the boot lid and the small kerb on the front wheel and a couple of other small dings, the price went down to £50 :eek:.

Last night, I thought I'd see how much WBAC would give me for the clk. They came back with a quote of £500 assuming all was good with the car, so after adding the scratch on the boot lid and the small kerb on the front wheel and a couple of other small dings, the price went down to £50 :eek:.

Well, this is what your car is worth to THEM... this is not to say that this how much it will fetch in an open sale.

Daughters old and almost expiring Corsa went to them
They quoted (and paid) a couple of hundred quid which was £25 more than the scrapper

Horses for courses

I’ll double there offer at £100. Be quick though it only stands 24hrs. ;)

WBAC sell the cars at auctions, and they value them accordingly.

They put an emphasis on those things that a buyer in an auction can see:

- Paperwork (service history, MOT, previous owners etc)

- Bodywork, paint, and wheels (initial price quoted by WBAC is assuming all of the above is in mint condition)

- Interior, and EML lights on dash etc

They don't test drive the cars because the auction buyers won't test drive them either.

They only drive the car a few feet - again, because this is what will happen at an auction.

They don't really care about the condition on anything that an auction buyer won't be able to see.

It's not a bad place to go to if you want to get rid of a car in a hurry, especially if it has good paint and unkerbed wheels.

Back in 2016 WBAC offered me about £500 less than the MB dealer offered me as a Px for my 2013 C207 coupe against a new C207 coupe. Had a quote for the new C207 from Carwow which was £8500 off the list price , so it was a no brainer to sell my car to WBAC and get the new one from the best dealer quote via carwow.
In the end my local dealer matched the best quote from carwow and agreed to buy my p/ex for what WBAC had offered me. Only drawback was that I had to sell my C207 to the dealer the next day and wait 3 months for the new C207 , only working one day a week so arranging a lift to work for the next three months was well worth the £8000 saving.

Just for interest I valued my car through this site, and unfortunately put the wrong registration number. I put LC instead of LG and low and behold the car came back as a Honda Civic valued at £1900. Re did the info with the correct number and it cam back with my car at £1300. Same details mileage etc as the Honda but worth less :eek: MB's lower value than Honda's?

My son got a price from them, when he took it in about 2 weeks later, they try to offer about 12% less (blamed market conditions). Car was still under warranty and exactly as described to them - down to a barely noticeable ding on a door.

Just for interest I valued my car through this site, and unfortunately put the wrong registration number. I put LC instead of LG and low and behold the car came back as a Honda Civic valued at £1900. Re did the info with the correct number and it cam back with my car at £1300. Same details mileage etc as the Honda but worth less :eek: MB's lower value than Honda's?
Yes. Used Hondas have a very good reputation, used Merc's...less so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom