Anyone using a Nexus 6P phone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
My phone upgrade is due and I'm considering the Nexus 6P. Does anyone have any experience?

Also any other recommendations welcome. Has to be Android minimum 32Gb and minimum 5.5" screen

TIA

I've got the Nexus 6, which I like very much. These days I use my phone for making calls and taking pictures, both of which it does very well. Although now we have 4g in our area I do a lot more browsing than I used to!

The software is particularly impressive. I had an S4 before this which was OK but loaded with Samsung bloatware, which you couldn’t get rid of and which wanted to update itself all the time.

With the Nexus phones you get android, without all the third party rubbish, and you get all the updates as they happen without having to wait 6 months.

That's one of the things that attracts me to it the full factory version Of Android with no bloatware and virtually live updates.

I've had a quick play with one and I also can't find a bad review. The only negative which is giving me doubts is the lack of expandable memory. I have all my music on micro sd cards so would have to compromise what music I had on the phone. Either that or upload everything I have to the cloud and the download to the device what I want

Just trying to find out if there are any real showstopper out there

Thanks for the post

I've just ordered a 64gb Motorola Moto X Force as it comes with the full factory version of Android and no bloatware. It's also pretty much indestructible.

Take a look at the specs, it looks pretty good.

Expandable memory, massive battery, 4 year guarantee that the screen won't crack.

https://www.motorola.co.uk/products/moto-x-force

Arrives at some point this week.

Last edited:
That looks a nice phone will go and have a look at it in the flesh. Let me know how you get on with yours.

Cheers
Ian

I couldn't find anyone stocking one, it's a bit too new. So I took the plunge and ordered one based on all the reviews I could read and comparison pictures.

I've always liked Motorola phones so I'm delighted they've come up with something decent and I can ditch the Blackberry.

I'll post a review up once it's here.

EDIT:- I think John Lewis may have some to physically look at if there's one close to you.

Last edited:
Just upgraded from the Nexus 4 to the 6P. Very simple as everything is sync'd via Google.

Very nice phone, very responsive. Had 3 OS updates already.

Regarding the memory, not a problem as you can host just about everything in the cloud. I find Google's Play Music very good, plus I have Amazon Prime music with millions of tracks available to stream..

I'm on a Nexus 5, only reason I haven't gone to 6 is the physical size of it. Can't go wrong with a Nexus. 1st updates with no bloatware

Interesting thread, looking to upgrade I phone 4s and don't care for the 6 much. The 4 is a nice piece of engineering with glass and aluminium and is nice and strong.have the nexus phones got a good sat nav and could someone tell me what bloatware is? Thanks

Bloatware is lots of extra apps and other bits and pieces bolted onto the Android software that are generally designed to encourage you towards retail opportunities of the supplying handset provider/airtime provider.

They generally slow things down and are not of much use.

I love the Nexus phones. They are the best kept secret.
My wife has the Nexus 4 and it has been superb so in my my book the 6 should be even better.
The 4 was made by LG and the 6 is made by Huawei. I have a Huawei phone and am very pleased with it.

Interesting thread, looking to upgrade I phone 4s and don't care for the 6 much. The 4 is a nice piece of engineering with glass and aluminium and is nice and strong.have the nexus phones got a good sat nav and could someone tell me what bloatware is? Thanks

As already said, bloatware is extra software added to Android by the phone oems. It's usually useless, and worse, can't be deleted.

The sat nav uses google maps. I don't use it much on mine, mainly because I haven't got round to adding a charger to the car, but my son does on his Nexus 5 and loves it.

Moto X Force arrived today and it rocks.

I need to get a new SIM for it for the phone component so will pop into Vodafone and get one when I get a chance this week.

I've spent the evening setting it up and loading up music which I've never bothered to do on a phone before.

Very easy to use and intuitive, fast and responsive. Not at all what I'm used to when using a phone. This responds like a powerful tablet.

It did a full software upgrade and now shows as running Android 6.0

Let us know how you get on with it - I'm wavering between a new Nexus (probably 5X rather than 6P) or the X Force.

That said, my 2.5yo Nexus 5 is still going strong and doing everything I need of it.

I had a nexus 5 and loved it, really easy phone to use with none of the bloatware added by others. Only problem was after 18 months I was down to Just a few hours before it needed a recharge even without much use. Nexus 6 wasn't out when I changed so went for an lg g4 instead as nexus 5 was made by lg.
Again another good phone that I feel is underated. Has a great camera, is quick and has decent battery life.

I've now had a play with the 6P and not that Impressed build quality not that good doesn't feel premium a little bit laggy. Samsung S6 Edge plus might as well be made out of lard its that slippy and no SD card support.

Currently leaning towards Samsung Note 4. trying to find someone who has an X force in though so will be interesting to hear Red c220's reports. CPW said they may have some this weekend but I'm not holding my breath

Is there any reason why not to buy a Windows phone?

I have no Apple products any longer and my laptop and tablet are both windows so i would imagine good integration with a phone. I'm likely to want to view documents from my Onedrive and do some browsing as well as use the phone.

Is there any reason why not to buy a Windows phone?

I have no Apple products any longer and my laptop and tablet are both windows so i would imagine good integration with a phone. I'm likely to want to view documents from my Onedrive and do some browsing as well as use the phone.

My work phone is Windows and it works brilliant fully integrated with my laptop, one drive and work environment and originally on this contract I had a high end Windows phone for my personal phone and I love them, they are brilliant. The big flaw with the Windows phone is the App Store, the apps I use everyday are not supported, the developers only chose to place them on Google or Apple.

I hate Apple products with a passion, had a iPhone 5s and its the most useless phone (for me) I have ever owned yet SWMBO and JSWMBO love theirs. I guess you are an Apple person or not, I'm not.

There was talk of windows getting access to Google Play store but it never materialised. I have one drive on my current Samsung smartphone and it works flawlessly with the onedrive app and office

^

Can you advise how to print from a windows phone Lumia 640 WP10 :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom