Anyone using Android Auto ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pedderd

Car
E270CDi
I have a W213 (E), 2017 AMG edition. When I first got it, my Android Auto worked perfectly. Functions I use the most would be Google Maps rather than the Mercedes Sat Nav, purely because traffic is much more accurate. I then mostly use Spotify for music.

Quite a while ago, I am guessing Spring / early Summer 20, the Google Assistant started playing up. It stopped reading out my voice commands, didn't read out messages correctly, didn't properly start spotify commands e.g. "Play Playlist August 20". I tried to let the Android Auto update a few times, but didn't fix it.

I tried to get Android Auto support to help. They contacted me for further details, I even submitted a Bug report through logging on the phone. They said they were looking into it and long story short never got back to me. Last time I heard was last September.

I have replaced my phone since to a Samsung S20+ with no improvement. I have tried changing the USB cable, but no help. I had my car software updated a while before the issues started. This was quite a major update since the original software. My Mercedes Me says there are no updates. Current software version is 04.80.00.20. Not sure if this is very up to date.

Is there anyone else here that shares the same issues with me ? Or if anyone can point me in the right direction to resolve as AA support is pretty rubbish.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom