Anyone watching the LHC live feed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Video link appears perfectly normal ttttooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee----------------------
-------------------------
------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------
----------
-------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------?

Last edited:
No more chocolate or watches !! :crazy:

No more chocolate or watches !! :crazy:

Bet the "Gnomes of Zurich" are OK in their secure bank vaults. I mean it would be a major disaster if all the money in all the worlds banks suddenly disappeared-------------ooohhh!:rolleyes:

I mean it would be a major disaster if all the money in all the worlds banks suddenly disappeared-------------ooohhh!:rolleyes:
I was under the impression that it already had disappeared :eek:

The money you're referring to never existed in the first place, but that's a discussion for another thread.

As a matter of fact, all money is a shared delusion - anyone looking at 'capitalism' from space must think we're all totally insane.

The LHC "making the world end" thing is much like the climate change 'debate' - if 99 stuctural engineers told you a bridge was unsafe but one (coincidentally funded by a bridge manufacturer) claimed it was fine, just go ahead, what would you do? We're all on that bridge now...

And yes, I did just use a thread about high energy particle physics to moan about The Great Swindle of 2009 and man-made climate change :D

Last edited:
The money you're referring to never existed in the first place, but that's a discussion for another thread.

As a matter of fact, all money is a shared delusion - anyone looking at 'capitalism' from space must think we're all totally insane.

The LHC "making the world end" thing is much like the climate change 'debate' - if 99 stuctural engineers told you a bridge was unsafe but one (coincidentally funded by a bridge manufacturer) claimed it was fine, just go ahead, what would you do? We're all on that bridge now...

And yes, I did just use a thread about high energy particle physics to moan about The Great Swindle of 2009 and man-made climate change :D

A good example of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle applied to thread content?;)

e.g. the money is in the bank---but only if you believe it!

The world hasn't ended...does that mean it has worked or it hasn't worked??:confused:

But it's not in the bank, is it? It's being whored around like a cheap tart, while people make money selling pimp insurance and collateralised pregnancy obligations mixed in with STD clinic futures (here endeth the dirtiest metaphor this side of Cancun)

My son, a theoretical physicist, tells me that there is a certain frisson in starting an experiment in which destroying the universe may be a possibility, however remote!

You have a theoretical son? :D

Oppenheimer felt the same way, so it's understandable - and to be fair we're still on our own as far as we can tell, so this may be the first time this sort of thing has happened since the beginning of time. Wouldn't it be cool if the universe just kept repeating, one group of bespectacled destroyers after another trying to replicate the Big Bang and accidentally doing it a bit too well?

Ladies and Gentlemen--Higgs boson has left the building! thro the earth's core actually :wallbash:

Can we hope to see a toroidal Toblerone ?
That would be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom