Anyone watching the rugby tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

Wales/England.

Should be a good game.

I'll wait for the tournament winners to beat the USA tomorrow ......

I think Wales can win this ........

22-18 England at the moment, 60 minutes played.

Lots of injuries.

I wish that the English fans would learn the rest of that song.

Ridiculous decision to call back for the penalty.

How many phases of play need to pass ?

This is a great game - whatever the outcome.

Poor second half performance and scrappy line outs saw England snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm travelling with a Welshman tomorrow better take my ear plugs:D

Poor second half performance and scrappy line outs saw England snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm travelling with a Welshman tomorrow better take my ear plugs:D

Nah, he'll be too hungover to gloat.

(As if!)

i love Betfair :D

(see post 4)

Well played Wales. England poor discipline cost them that game. Far too many gimme penalties. A 10 point lead should have seen a comfortable win for England but fair play to Wales.
Lancasters head is on the line now.

Far too many gimme penalties.

Didn't Wales concede more penalties ?

The game was lost when the English players lost their shape and started to try and rely on pace to try and get round the pack advantage that Wales had.

Despite all the injuries, Wales stayed true to their game plan and frustrated the England team.

The decision to try and avoid the draw cost England the game IMO. Wales would have settled for a draw allowing another drive.

Didn't Wales concede more penalties ?

The game was lost when the English players lost their shape and started to try and rely on pace to try and get round the pack advantage that Wales had.

Despite all the injuries, Wales stayed true to their game plan and frustrated the England team.

The decision to try and avoid the draw cost England the game IMO. Wales would have settled for a draw allowing another drive.

Last I saw England had conceded 11 penalties to Wales 8.
From out on the touchline a penalty in the last minutes would have been almost impossible, especially on the right side of the field and a right footed kicker. England thought they could win a lineout and force the ball over with a rolling maul. Wales knew otherwise:D

England made two big errors which potentially cost them the game.

Giving away a penalty for a needless late tackle when they had great field position was the first one, the second was the penalty at the end. Not because they kicked for the corner, that was fine as it was a very difficult angle to go for the posts, but when they threw a short lineout they took the ball into a maul on the touchline. All Wales had to do was shove them into touch which they duly did. By all means go for the lineout but then spin it along the line to spread the defence.

Now England need a favour from the Aussies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom