Anyone who does network wiring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donshl

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS55 AMG
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is anyone that can recommend a company or a person to wire up a whole office with network cabling.

There are ducting and back boxes installed already by the electricians so need faceplates and cabling.

Based in Shoreditch London

Thanks!

Thanks David, will give them a call and see what they can do!

Or.. Go to toolstation, the front plates are a couple of quid each. if you need cable, you can get 100m drums for < £30 off flea-bay and the pinching tool thing (exactly like the tool you use for BT extensions) is also a couple of quid.
Me and a mate did his building in an afternoon (20 sockets, trunking was already in) and felt like champions! lol

Halcyon Days said:
Or.. Go to toolstation, the front plates are a couple of quid each. if you need cable, you can get 100m drums for < £30 off flea-bay and the pinching tool thing (exactly like the tool you use for BT extensions) is also a couple of quid. Me and a mate did his building in an afternoon (20 sockets, trunking was already in) and felt like champions! lol

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have no interest in crawling under desks or into the ceiling on top of my current work schedule to run the cables!

Do it to proper standard, get someone who will Fluke-test the wires after terminating them and produce proper test results document.

This will save you a lot of pain later on... intermittent network problems can be very annoying and time consuming to diagnose and fix.

Talk to Martin at www.FibreCommsData.co.uk. Not the cheapest one-bloke-with-wire-crimping-tool type of business, but A1 professionals. We use them often and they are highly recommended.

If you don't have any luck, I can also recommend a few companies we've used. Any idea on the number of ports you need? Is it a single floor or multiple floors?

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

Yes we will need proper testing after installation as I know how much of a pain dodgy connections can be!

We are looking at about a maximum of 30 sockets and it is all on a single floor.

If none of the above can sort you out, try IT Support Services and Systems Integration from LAN2LAN .

Back when I was a sysadmin, I used them pretty much every summer (within a school - ports get bashed, wires cut, etc). They even managed to work around listed building issues, finding creative ways to get cables in/out (like down chimney flues).

M.

Hi

As per my pm, we are based in Shoreditch and have a cabling division.

Regards

Tan

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom