Anyone with A/B class COMAND ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55
Hi,

Is there anyone here (in UK!) with a new A or B class with COMAND - could you please look at the back cover of the manual and tell us the part numbers of the manual itself ??

Thanks
Richard

[ps, should we start a thread with MB manual part numbers, these are almost impossible to find without having the manual itself to look at ..]

richard said:
Hi,

Is there anyone here (in UK!) with a new A or B class with COMAND - could you please look at the back cover of the manual and tell us the part numbers of the manual itself ??

Thanks
Richard

[ps, should we start a thread with MB manual part numbers, these are almost impossible to find without having the manual itself to look at ..]

Good idea. There are a couple of manual part numbers i'm after. I'll dig out my CLK one in a moment and post it. Someone could of course pop into a dealer and take a peek at the manuals in the showroom cars for the latest ones. I'll have a sneek look myself next time I'm in there.

Alfie said:
Good idea. There are a couple of manual part numbers i'm after. I'll dig out my CLK one in a moment and post it. Someone could of course pop into a dealer and take a peek at the manuals in the showroom cars for the latest ones. I'll have a sneek look myself next time I'm in there.

Have just spoken to dealer, and in fact, manual part numbers are now in EPC ! However, there has always been an issue ordering manuals from the part numbers - I think the info on the back of the manuals tends to have extra part numbers than the EPC part number

So, this is still a good idea - and I will dig out ML (MY2002) and SL (MY04) COMAND manuals shortly

Cheers

Richard

My mum has just got a new B, I'll try and remember to look in the manual at the w/e

richard said:
Hi,

Thanks
Richard

As a helpful hint. CLK has part numbers for items other cars dont. Some parts found in WDC203035 are not found in any other chassis.

Dont ask me why but EPC is not equal for all models and all cars. It varies from year to year and model to model.

I can buy a plain parametric steering harness for one type of W203 and for another it only comes with ESP or BIX included.

Use the W209 version. It is identical.

miro said:
Dont ask me why but EPC is not equal for all models and all cars. It varies from year to year and model to model.

Yup, some part seem to be listed against 1 model only. In the past i've found than once you enter the model (i.e 208374) then if you use F7 -filter code - and turn off all the filters in there, then I'm pretty sure you see all the 208 series parts. But maybee there is still stuff hidden :)

R

richard said:
Yup, some part seem to be listed against 1 model only. In the past i've found than once you enter the model (i.e 208374) then if you use F7 -filter code - and turn off all the filters in there, then I'm pretty sure you see all the 208 series parts. But maybee there is still stuff hidden :)

R

As a rule of thumb I check lowest engine, x320, x500, x55

You will actually see different things in each model (apart from the engine). The case in point being that I was looking for a wiring harness and only the C180 had it listed as a harness and not a combined harness.

IT was not year specific as it just applied to 203035 and no other model.

I find that Maybach and CLK are the best when it comes to connector part numbers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom