Appalling support from Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gasman2

Car
c63 amg
I am currently undergoing a black series conversion to my c63 coupe using all orig equip
Over 9weeks ago we ordered a part for the inner arch and was given a 8week delivery date,not ideal but hey ho **** happens
Delivery date has come and gone and no one between here and MUnich can give any info other than oh yes it's out of stock next update 14july
That's 11weeks since order and no actual indication of a delivery date
And this is just a weekly update that Mercedes do with any order
Mercedes customer service have offered nothing but to suggest monitoring the weekly updates
So to anyone out there who has an accident god help you if the parts out of stock because frankly if they don't give a rats **** about one of their supposed special editions then to me they simply don't care
I wonder if it was Lord ALeem or one of the other high profile owners they would have got the same dear john reply from customer services

I think there's more to it than that. Mercedes learned that you wanted to replicate their sought after product and put the spanner in the works by indefinitely delaying the last part of your order, so it is never complete. Clever hey? ;)

On a serious note, it may still be on the back order with one of their suppliers. I remember waiting for a low pressure a/c hose for CL55 for about 8 weeks a couple of years ago. Hopefully you'll get it soon.

Order low demand part for low volume model (<1000 sold worldwide if I'm not mistaken). Be surprised when it takes ages to arrive due to being on back order. :doh:

Order low demand part for low volume model (<1000 sold worldwide if I'm not mistaken). Be surprised when it takes ages to arrive due to being on back order. :doh:

Many parts are low demand...until you have an accident and need that part...is 11 weeks, so far, reasonable?

Lord Aleem is a complete toss

Doodle said:

Correct 800 cars.

Maybe they have kept back the part for someone who actually bought a Black Series?

Many parts are low demand...until you have an accident and need that part...is 11 weeks, so far, reasonable?

Annoying? Definitely.
Reasonable? Yes, given the circumstances. A part that hardly anyone orders, for a car that they sold very few of. The supplier may require a minimum quantity to be ordered etc etc. That's the realities of parts supply for rare vehicles.

Has a VOR marker been placed against the order?

Last edited:
Bruno hasn't got a job in that parts department has he?

Not sure if it is still the case but lots of factories shut down in Germany in the summer - causes a massive backlog. I had to wait 9 months for a GM piston once ! Yep made in Germany.

BMW do not "like"selling parts for "lookalike" cars. When attempting to order some arch extenders for my old X5, I had to have a genuine matching VIN number and proof of ownership. A quick check on the BMW forums showed this to be global rule.

When I questioned BMW UK on this policy I was told they have every right to protect their brand name and image.

Wow, Bruce and I seem to be in some kind of agreement on this subject.

My point is not in relation to my knock off replica lookalike but to the fact that the parts support for a 100k car and the feedback from customer service saying give them a call in a week for an update which is basically just a update of MB parts system is poor
And to the ludicrous comments about withholding a part I doubt the legality of that coupled with the storeroom of parts already amassed

At least I've learnt who Lord Aleem is - I had to look him up and then realised why I had never heard of him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom