Apple CarPlay Issue - E53

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philh80

Car
E53 Cabrio
Hi,

Recently picked up a new E53 Cabrio and have never been able to get the Apple CarPlay to work. When I plug my iPhone into the required USB port (next to charging pad) I get nothing. No power to show the phone is charging or anything and no indication on the Command system to say it's recognized my phone.

My phone works in any other MB and no other phone woks in mine so 100% an issue with car.

When the phone is plugged into either of the 2 USB ports in center arm rest I get power fine and can listen to music from phone.

Has anyone else had any issues with this.

The car is now in MB for the 3rd time with this issue.

1st time - They re-installed the software
2nd time - Replaced the USB Port
3rd time - They have now had the car for a week and are working through recommendations from MB Technical department, and as of yet, still nothing to say its been fixed.

Starting to wonder if I should reject the car!!

If there's no power at the USB then its either the head unit, the HSD cable between, or the USB socket. It takes going through a load of hoops for MB Germany to authorise a warranty claim on replacing a head unit.. Been there with my GLC, hard disk had failed, there was a hidden test that said so, still took 4 visits to replace the head unit as there were no error codes in the normal fault code menu.

Make sure they are lending you a nice car whilst they fix it ...

R

Cheers Bud,

They already replaced the USB port but that did nothing.

I'm away with work at the moment so decided to just drop them the car off so i'm not without it. But if I get back and it's not fixed i'll be demanding a comparable courtesy. They do have a nice GT 63 sat there ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom