• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Apple CarPlay issues 2022 Vito (W447)

I don’t think what I’m about to write will be the solution as you said you tried two other phones, but it may not hurt to try…

I had similar poor connection issues, was driving me insane. Turned out to be fluff build up in the lightning port on the phone. So it would connect, but the connection was not solid enough to cope with any real data transfer. I dug the fluff out with the sim ejector tool/paperclip and that was sorted.

Other one that prohibited me on another vehicle was checking carplay was allowed while the phone was locked/usb restriction off when phone was locked.
Thanks for that. It’s a valid suggestion (I’m a builder, fluff no. Dust yes).

I’ll try and clean the lightening port with my airline (gently) and give it a go.

Yeah, I’ve checked and checked all the settings too.

Thanks again. 👍

Thanks for that. It’s a valid suggestion (I’m a builder, fluff no. Dust yes).
And I was led to believe that all you bronzed, muscular builder types were absolute fluff magnets........;):D

Update:

MB Carlisle have raised a 'TIP's' case with MB with a view to replacing full head unit.

Also had my iphone13 into Apple Carlisle today to run a full diagnostics test on the phone (FOC as in warranty). Received a print out giving 100% bill of health so certainly not a phone issue.

Have the sockets in the car been replaced ? (I'd replace the fuse for the sockets and the sockets, and if that doesn't work then the HSD cables between the sockets and the head-unit before blaming the head unit)

Have the sockets in the car been replaced ? (I'd replace the fuse for the sockets and the sockets, and if that doesn't work then the HSD cables between the sockets and the head-unit before blaming the head unit)
Thank you Richard. I’ll pass on your thoughts to Ciceley Carlisle.

Wondering if anyone can help with this?

I collected a Vito from a dealership in Wolverhampton back in October (factory Order). The van was fairly loaded but the salesman suggested deleting the £400.00 Sat Nav because the newer Vito's have Apple CarPlay as standard and I could just use my phone for Sat Nav as and when. I agreed to the £400.00 saving.

I left the dealership and at my next stop tried to connect phone to Apple CarPlay. it connected right away then failed. Cut a long story short sometimes it connects, and when it does it fails between around 10 seconds and 5 minutes. It's impossible to use for directions. (or anything really)

I only had chance to book it in with local dealership last on Friday. They did a software update and said it was fixed. Before I left I gave it a try and the connection failed instantly. Phone is iPhone 13 mini (which works fine in the car) and leads are genuine Apple and also tried aftermarket. I returned into dealer and she suggested me contacting the suppling dealer for a fix (400 mile round trip, not gonna happen). She said it's a known issue with the new head-unit on the facelift Vito (old was 5" screen, new is 7" touchscreen). Incidentally the exact same thing happens with Wifes and Daughters iPhone

I don't need Sat Nav very often BUT I hate having anything that doesn't work properly. It REALLY annoys me to have paid so much money for a new van that's already cost me a days wage and still not fixed.

HOLD function also stopped working and ILS was out of action. Passenger side door speaker stopped working (all 3 back up and running)
I have exactly the same problem with Carplay. Have a 2022 model Vito which I collected in September 2021. Everything worked well with my iphone X. Upgraded to an iphone 13+Pro with ios 15 in May 2022 and problem started immediately. Every time I speak to dealership they tell me something different. They have changed the whole head unit to no avail. Some staff at dealership say MB are aware of the problem and trying to come up with a solution but have been saying this for over a year now! Like you it is driving me mad with the vehicle. It is definetly to do with the mercedes head unit being incompatible with iphones running ios 15 and above.

I have exactly the same problem with Carplay. Have a 2022 model Vito which I collected in September 2021. Everything worked well with my iphone X. Upgraded to an iphone 13+Pro with ios 15 in May 2022 and problem started immediately. Every time I speak to dealership they tell me something different. They have changed the whole head unit to no avail. Some staff at dealership say MB are aware of the problem and trying to come up with a solution but have been saying this for over a year now! Like you it is driving me mad with the vehicle. It is definetly to do with the mercedes head unit being incompatible with iphones running ios 15 and above.
Hello there,

Well that’s intriguing to read. And it doesn’t fill me with confidence to hear that you’ve had the head unit changed and no improvement 🥴

What is very interesting is the issue is very present with my phone (iPhone 12 mimi) and my wife’s phone (iPhone 13 mini). However my daughters latest iPhone 11 works perfectly. We go for plenty of drives (just because) and it’s never once disconnected.

So that lines up exactly with your experience.

I’ll report back at the weekend once they’ve changed the head unit but I’m now fully expecting a 👎.

I do have an old iPhone 7 that I could try but would be an odd step back tbh. 🤷‍♂️

Hello there,

Well that’s intriguing to read. And it doesn’t fill me with confidence to hear that you’ve had the head unit changed and no improvement 🥴

What is very interesting is the issue is very present with my phone (iPhone 12 mimi) and my wife’s phone (iPhone 13 mini). However my daughters latest iPhone 11 works perfectly. We go for plenty of drives (just because) and it’s never once disconnected.

So that lines up exactly with your experience.

I’ll report back at the weekend once they’ve changed the head unit but I’m now fully expecting a 👎.

I do have an old iPhone 7 that I could try but would be an odd step back tbh. 🤷‍♂️
Ant, which versions of iOS are each phone running? You can find it by selecting Settings > General > About.

The selections may be slightly different on older weakens of iOS, say on your iPhone 7, but it will be very similar.

Ant, which versions of iOS are each phone running? You can find it by selecting Settings > General > About.

The selections may be slightly different on older weakens of iOS, say on your iPhone 7, but it will be very similar.
My current iPhone 12 mini is 16.3 Rob.

iPhone 7 is at home in the drawer. I’ll charge it up this evening and have a look.

Not sure why you are bothering.
I thought you would just sing your favourite songs 🤔

I am reliably informed that you have the perfect voice for newspapers 🤣🤣👍

Not sure why you are bothering.
I thought you would just sing your favourite songs 🤔

I am reliably informed that you have the perfect voice for newspapers 🤣🤣👍
Plays media/music fine. It’s purely the navigation that’s the issue (Google Maps/Apple Maps)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom