Apple Carplay not planned for C w205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASnowman

Car
Merchedes C 350E
In my opinion it is a scandal that its not going to be enabled for cars produced in 2015+
The demo showed on Youtube is in a w205. Will not be available before the facelift is launched. :fail
I took it for granted that this was just a sw upgrade.

Mercedes-Benz Apple CarPlay Compatible Vehicle List - CarPlay Life - Apple CarPlay News, Installs, Apps and Reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2cAnkwQflE

One should start a Facebook group to get attention at Daimler to get his available as retrofit ASAP.

It's not going to be available as a retro-fit 100%. It will arrive in C Class from facelift

You have inside info 100% verified on this matter?
You know why they dont release it?

The C Saloon uses a different system to the GLC, C Coupe etc. When we went to global training in June they told us they will not be launching it on C Class Saloon and Estate until facelift. I'm just going on what head office have told us now.

I'm just going on what head office have told us now.

Rely hope they come up with a solution, even if some features is lost due to technical differences.

Rely hope they come up with a solution, even if some features is lost due to technical differences.
Classic bait and switch by MB. Has p.ssed a lot of people off.

@JBD. Am I right in thinking that NTG5 can't run CarPlay?

doesnt mention when the GLC will be enabled from what i can see :(

After warranty expires, get yourself Video Interface, Q-ROI navigation box and it will be 10 times better than CarPlay, this kit will cost around 400-500 quid and yourself installation - which is not so complex.

Standard on all December onward E class: page 25 I know this doesn't help, but keep checking. Flip side is you lose the 10gb music register - I know what I'd prefer.
[/url]

Thank you for the head up.
read up on a US forum that there might be a solution sometime later for the w205

So MB can release it on the older COMAND NTG4.5 on the W212 which is almost EoL but can't retrofit it to NTG5 on the W205 (despite promising it)?

So MB can release it on the older COMAND NTG4.5 on the W212 which is almost EoL but can't retrofit it to NTG5 on the W205 (despite promising it)?

Not seen retrofit for W212 anywhere, are you sure about that?

Not seen retrofit for W212 anywhere, are you sure about that?
My comment was based upon the brochure for the W212 as posted by Alf. I assume it's still on NTG4.5 as it had the old skool (non touch) controller. They're adding car play for Dec 2015 production onwards but the W213 is out just a few months time.

So why they'd release carplay for a 3 year old model which is about to be retired is beyond me. Unless I'm missing something.

I'm a bit confused, about to px my 2013 my W212 for a new SE with premium pack, salesman said that I would need to buy additional kit for Apple Play, that's not how it read the brochure. Can someone tell me is Apple Play fitted or not as standard? Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a bit confused, about to px my 2013 my W212 for a new SE with premium pack, salesman said that I would need to buy additional kit for Apple Play, that's not how it read the brochure. Can someone tell me is Apple Play fitted or not as standard? Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not an option on C class

I got a 66 plate C250d and needless to say I was disappointed to see CarPlay not fitted. I am sure I read somewhere that it is just not a software update but also a USB has to be configured for it? That is the microphone for Siri commands.

That said I have noticed that the the USB's in the centre box react differently with my iPhone? Noticing this when I press and hold the voice command button Siri works! It only works on one of the USB ports.

So imo it looks like the hardware is ready, I just need the software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom