Apple CarPlay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tcarter

Car
C63 AMG
Did you hear about it? Mercedes will be fully compatible with my iPhone! I can't wait. Thoughts?:bannana:

I have a snicky suspicion that iPhones may not be that popular in Germany...

A friend bought a Phyton, it has a state of the art touchscreen-based infotainment system, and it officially does not support iPhone. Odd.

I really hope it's not just for new cars?! Would love to somehow get it fitted in my w212..

CrApple-ware interests me not one jot. If they made an Android-compatible system, then it would be interesting for me and the other 75%+ of the smartphone-owning world. (based on recent data that Samsung sold 3 times more smartphones than Apple did)

Having had a double din Kenwood in my last car and used the basic VW model in my son's old car; both had FULL integration with FULL control, album art etc etc. MB's iPod and iPhone integration is woefully lacking or very cumbersome or non intuitive at best.

New A-class integration is half hearted and the Comand NTG2.5 is barely okay. When every, and I mean every, other car maker seems to have this off pat, MB are still plodding along. The only car maker I encountered that was worse than MB was Saab.

Very disappointing for a company that advertises 'we were the first to...' in their dealerships. Sorry to all. Rant over. :(

Having had a double din Kenwood in my last car and used the basic VW model in my son's old car; both had FULL integration with FULL control, album art etc etc. MB's iPod and iPhone integration is woefully lacking or very cumbersome or non intuitive at best.

New A-class integration is half hearted and the Comand NTG2.5 is barely okay. When every, and I mean every, other car maker seems to have this off pat, MB are still plodding along. The only car maker I encountered that was worse than MB was Saab.

Very disappointing for a company that advertises 'we were the first to...' in their dealerships. Sorry to all. Rant over. :(

Wow, Giantvanman, you seem to have some very strong feelings about this.

So what manufacturer is quality in your eyes?

Wow, Giantvanman, you seem to have some very strong feelings about this.

So what manufacturer is quality in your eyes?

The only reason I went Kenwood was that they use Garmin maps which I find more intuitive (having used Garmin's for years). Map upgrade on mine was about £150 for life I think.

For TV screen quality or better, I would go Pioneer or Alpine.

For about £1000, they all have bluetooth, dvd, cd, aux in, mp3, card slots, and compatible with reversing camera, subs, steering wheel controls etc etc and totally iPod and iPhone compatible straight out of the box. Depending on the model, dab and tv are options but you are looking more around £1500.

So, Current Pioneer and Alpine are better screens (imo) but Kenwood use Garmin maps. ALL are 6" plus touch screens (no fiddly buttons), 7 digit postcode etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom