Comand (Europe) Ltd Apple CarPlay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PXW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance; MG ZS EV
Big shoutout to Richard, Mark, Becky and the rest of the team at Comand for the swift and efficient install of CarPlay into my 2015 S212 this morning. Great advice, great service. The electronics of modern cars are now miles beyond my understanding and it’s great to have experts like these around!

Couldn't agree more they done my dads parking sensors and cd changer last week and he couldn't have been happier.

They look great too makes me want to have them fitted and i don't like parking sensors lol :thumb:

I must be the only unhappy customer they have ever had! :( Never mind, we all have different expectations & experiences of customer service. :)

I must be the only unhappy customer they have ever had! :( Never mind, we all have different expectations & experiences of customer service. :)
Sorry to hear that.

Personally, I am well in the 'happy customer' camp :) several times over, since 2010, in fact...

Sorry to hear that.

Personally, I am well in the 'happy customer' camp :) several times over, since 2010, in fact...

I know MJ, as I have read all the glowing reports from yourself and others included, hence I made the 4.5hr trip each way! Anyway, you live n learn, as they say ;)

What did you have done?

Sorry, only just seen this. I had the module installed to allow me to use Apple CarPlay (or the Android equivalent, whatever that is;)) in place of the builtin Comand system. The big advantage is being able to use Apple Maps/Google Maps/Waze navigation, so getting up to date maps, traffic info and routing etc without having to shell out £200+ for "new" MB maps plus £50 pa or so to keep getting traffic updates. I can also use the car controls or Siri to operate things like Spotify. Downside is that all of this now uses phone data.

Sorry, only just seen this. I had the module installed to allow me to use Apple CarPlay (or the Android equivalent, whatever that is;)) in place of the builtin Comand system. The big advantage is being able to use Apple Maps/Google Maps/Waze navigation, so getting up to date maps, traffic info and routing etc without having to shell out £200+ for "new" MB maps plus £50 pa or so to keep getting traffic updates. I can also use the car controls or Siri to operate things like Spotify. Downside is that all of this now uses phone data.

Sounds the business, I'd like to know more. I looked, but couldn't see any car play stuff :)

Uses the existing display and car controls - particularly the rotary controller on my vehicle. If a car has a touch screen display then Carplay also uses that functionality but offhand I’m not aware of current MBs having touchscreens. A number of MB models have a display that looks like it’s been added rather than integrated, like in the photo you linked, but in fact it is original equipment.

Such a shame it can’t be done on the NTG4.5 (7) would be all over that like a rash ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a shame it can’t be done on the NTG4.5 (7) would be all over that like a rash ;)

There are third-party after-market products that can add Apple CarPlay or
Android Auto to NTG4.5/4.7 (via external hardware).

But you are correct that NTG4.5/4.7 does not have native support for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

Quick question, when using apple CarPlay to play music from your iPhone changing the volume is pretty straight forward but how do you change the balance left/right or front rear? Can't for the life of me see any option and when you come out of CarPlay into the limited Mercedes functions whilst still connected to CarPlay I can't find any balance controls there either??? what am I missing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom