apple carplay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barryjohn212

Car
Mercedes GLE 250d 4Matic
Hi All.
I have a 2017 GLE 250d AMG
up till today, the apple carplay has worked fine with no issues, however, today the whole airplay screen has vanished?
I have checked all the settings on my iPhone 12 pro max, nothing has been changed, The IOS update to 14.4 was completed a few weeks back with no issues.
Now I only have an iPod and Bluetooth phone.
The welcome message always shown on starting the car " Apple carplay is not connected" has gone as well as all the Icons on plugging the USB in.
I have contacted Apple chat and together we have confirmed all the settings on my phone are correct and that the might have been a firmware update to the command system from Mercedes
Has anyone else had any similar or same issues?
TIA
kind regards
Barry

Try rebooting the iPhone, and a different cable.

Maybe try going in to the vehicle multimedia settings and disabling/enabling the Apple Carplay settings? There is an option to autostart Carplay that can be toggled on and off, I believe. Also deleting the phone pairing and then repairing. Just random suggestions.

Hi Barian,
You're a lifesaver. I was at the point of top frustration when your post came through. I followed the instructions given by you and found the apple carplay had be disconnected at some point. This was during a service at MB.
The instructions to reconnect via the telephone category was the toggle you mentioned. It's all back and working now. That's a lot.

Maybe try going in to the vehicle multimedia settings and disabling/enabling the Apple Carplay settings? There is an option to autostart Carplay that can be toggled on and off, I believe. Also deleting the phone pairing and then repairing. Just random suggestions.
Please see below. Thanks a lot.

Delighted it is fixed, and thanks for posting. It is not very often that a suggestion of mine actually works!

Hi All.
I have a 2017 GLE 250d AMG
up till today, the apple carplay has worked fine with no issues, however, today the whole airplay screen has vanished?
I have checked all the settings on my iPhone 12 pro max, nothing has been changed, The IOS update to 14.4 was completed a few weeks back with no issues.
Now I only have an iPod and Bluetooth phone.
The welcome message always shown on starting the car " Apple carplay is not connected" has gone as well as all the Icons on plugging the USB in.
I have contacted Apple chat and together we have confirmed all the settings on my phone are correct and that the might have been a firmware update to the command system from Mercedes
Has anyone else had any similar or same issues?
TIA
kind regards
Barry
Hi Barry I have a gle250d 2018 I can get any CarPlay you couldn’t give me a hand could you
Ps just had car so all a little new

Hi Barian,
You're a lifesaver. I was at the point of top frustration when your post came through. I followed the instructions given by you and found the apple carplay had be disconnected at some point. This was during a service at MB.
The instructions to reconnect via the telephone category was the toggle you mentioned. It's all back and working now. That's a lot.
Always nice to pop in for an MB service to find out later they’ve reset / turned off features and not bothered to tell you but charged for the privilege.

Going to be all to easy for them now with DOIP.

But I digress - glad you got this sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom