Apple drawing tablet wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

No2 Daughter would like an Apple drawing tablet for her MacBook Pro 13". Any recommendations on a tablet and or apps to go with please?

Oh. She is No2 in age not pecking order.

You can't go wrong with Wacom, if the budget allows. Fully supported by Mac OS X. Smaller sizes are actually quite affordable, it's when you move into A4 and larger, things get eye-watering ... Personally, I would rather go for a smaller Wacom, than anything else, even if a lot cheaper.

Well, I must apologise - it's been a while since I looked at their prices and these are nowhere near as high as they used to be: I remember paying nearly two grand for the then equivalent of this Intuos Pro ... Much, much more reasonable now, so absolutely no excuse to buy anything else ;)

I've got a high end A4 Wacom but that was bought by the business, if it was my money I'd keep an eye on Aldi, they regularly have a very good tablet in their specials, £30ish from memory. It sounds liked she just fancies a go if she doesn't know what to use it with so no point shelling out a load if she doesn't get on with it, a lot of people don't, and then just gathers dust.

Do you have a budget. As said Wacom are the best but, depending on intended use might be overkill. There are quite a few reasonable cheaper tablets about.

One thing to bear in mind is that, in my experience, tablets map directly to the screen so a small tablet makes for a rather imprecise drawing tool. If more modern tablets offer a different way of working then a small one may be useable. Otherwise I would stick to something A4 sized

Nick Froome

IanA2 said:
Do you have a budget. As said Wacom are the best but, depending on intended use might be overkill. There are quite a few reasonable cheaper tablets about.

Well she is 13 so I do not want spend thousands.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Have you Yosemited your Wac? Having fun n' games with the Cintiq :mad:

The Mac Mini came with Yosemite pre-installed. Installed the drivers, calibrated the pen and seems to be working fine so far. What problems are you experiencing?

Drew this at the weekend:

Attachments

• Kim-Jong-un-caricature-signed.gif
    Kim-Jong-un-caricature-signed.gif
    82.2 KB · Views: 14
The Mac Mini came with Yosemite pre-installed. Installed the drivers, calibrated the pen and seems to be working fine so far. What problems are you experiencing?

Does my bum look big in this......:eek:;)

Cintiq 22HD was fine, not used for a couple of months, updated to Yosemite, now "no signal" message. Have tried clean install and updated drivers. Zip. Tedious. Awaiting advice from tech support.

Looks like my NEET dvi adaptor is the culprit. New one from Apple tomorrow. Wacom support are excellent :thumb:

Looks like my NEET dvi adaptor is the culprit. New one from Apple tomorrow. Wacom support are excellent :thumb:

Was it a broken/bent pin? Glad you have it up and running.

Won't know if my diagnosis is correct until tomorrow when Apple replacement arrives. I think it's the connection to the computer that's snaffu.

All OK now. It was the NEET adaptor. Now replaced with Apple. The difference in fit is like the shut lines in a 2CV and a S Class. That'll teach me to try and save twenty squidaroonies :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom