Apple Imac Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
I have an Apple Imac which has Windows 8 installed. It will not allow me to input the password.
I have tried Command-option-p-r, Command -R, option,Command, P & R but nothing happens.
I have tried disconnecting pc and restarting, but again nothing happens.
Any advice or suggestions (short of binning the machine) would be greatly appreciated.

Erm... Why you running Windows 8 on it? Have you installed it via Boot Camp? Can you get in to the macos?

Reactions: GLK
Thanks for replying. Windows was installed at a Apple store because I just could not get onto the Apple way of doing things. I don't know what macos is -sorry. I managed to bring up the desktop by using an on-screen keyboard but if I go to any site , I cannot input passwords etc. I can bring a site up but that is all I can do ie no search facility. I am using an antique pc to write this. I am baffled

plugin a USB keyboard of another machine - reboot and try again - Check batteries/charge if using a wireless bluetooth keyboard.

Microsoft are gradually removing software support from WINDOWS 8 . I don't know if they still do operating system updates. If your operating system is set for automatic updates its possible a recently installed update has crashed the system?
Try reading this to roll the system back?

Thanks for all the replies,specially roheel. Yes, it turned out to be the batteries in the keyboard.
You get a warning if the batteries run out in the mouse but not the keyboard.
I am feeling a bit foolish now. Thank you all.

We bought an IMac in 2018. Took a bit of getting used to but now we wouldn’t go back.

The ONLY thing that annoys us about it is that the charging port for the mouse is underneath!!! So can’t use it if it needs charging.:wallbash:

Other than that it’s a fab bit of kit.

We bought an IMac in 2018. Took a bit of getting used to but now we wouldn’t go back.

The ONLY thing that annoys us about it is that the charging port for the mouse is underneath!!! So can’t use it if it needs charging.:wallbash:

Other than that it’s a fab bit of kit.

That's because the mouse only needs charging for around 2 minutes to gain full charge so you shouldn't leave it plugged in!

That's because the mouse only needs charging for around 2 minutes to gain full charge so you shouldn't leave it plugged in!

2 Minutes? I wish. Takes a good bit longer than that John. Maybe it’s faulty then?
We’d ever leave it plugged in anyhow. But occasionally when we’ve needed to use the computer it’s a pita that we can’t use it as it’s charging.

2 Minutes? I wish. Takes a good bit longer than that John. Maybe it’s faulty then?
We’d ever leave it plugged in anyhow. But occasionally when we’ve needed to use the computer it’s a pita that we can’t use it as it’s charging.

That's from new so they will go down hill but not a lot.

The idea is I presume that you run out of juice, plug it in and make tea or similar and then should be ready to go when you get back.

I've never lived with one though so I don't know the situation in the real world.

That's from new so they will go down hill but not a lot.

The idea is I presume that you run out of juice, plug it in and make tea or similar and then should be ready to go when you get back.

I've never lived with one though so I don't know the situation in the real world.

Cheers mate. I’ll look into it.

I know Apple like to make their things look sleek but not sure what harm it would have done to have the charging port on the top of the mouse (Like the keyboard) so you can use it whilst on charge.

I just read into it a bit further - the 2 minute charge is to keep you going for the rest of the day. Then you are supposed to charge it for 2 hours to get the full life!

So I guess that is the strategy...

I think the issue would be is people leaving them on charge permanently although they could build in automatic ceasing of charging like Windows 10 does with laptops now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom