Apple Ios 7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unfortunately I don't think there is a radio available. If you want a good online app, tune in radio is pretty good!

I finally did the 'upgrade' on my 4S , and now wish I hadn't :doh:

Everything works fine , but it just looks AWFUL .

I haven't noticed anything that seems to make any significant differences , so I think I'll be doing a restore from a pre-upgrade backup .

you wont be able to downgrade to earlier software... you will be stuck on I.OS 7 I m afraid... there is not enough on this update that will even make me 'un-jailbreak' my phone.... still on 6.13 and running sweet with MUCH MORE features than I.O 7... that is a fact... checkout Sinfuliphone

iPad definitely runs quicker. Although the aesthetics are questionable.

I've upgraded 6 devices this weekend. Some bits I'm less keen on, some bits are better than before. Probably an improvement overall.

you wont be able to downgrade to earlier software... you will be stuck on I.OS 7 I m afraid... there is not enough on this update that will even make me 'un-jailbreak' my phone.... still on 6.13 and running sweet with MUCH MORE features than I.O 7... that is a fact... checkout Sinfuliphone

I'm fairly sure there are ways and means of doing it , although I'll need to do some further research .

Problem is , for me , as I've discovered is that now the phone is on iOS7 , my iTunes 10 won't recognise it , and I can't upgrade to iTunes 11 on my Power PC Macs !

Fortunately , I did backup to 'the Cloud' as well as to my Macs , so I'll need to try logging onto an Intel Mac and see if I can restore to an earlier backup via iTunes 11 .

Either that , or there's going to be a 32 Gb 4S coming up for sale soon , because I REALLY don't like the interface on 7 .

Having checked , it is do-able .

I just need to force the phone into recovery mode then restore from a previous backup .

There are instructions on the net for this .

I can assure you that any backup you have will not include iOS6. That is, if you have already upgraded to iOS7, a restore from your back-up will still result in iOS7 being the defacto operating system.

The process of downgrading to iOS6 requires that Apple 'signs' the iOS6 firmware during installation, and since Apple closed the door on signing iOS6 firmware the day after iOS7 was released this is no longer possible.

It should be there in Library/iTunes/iPhone software updates. I didn't do the upgrade via my computer , so the backup will still be from iOS6 . I will check for it when I get home .

The following site shows the process for going back from iOS4 to iOS3 , which should be similar ; I remember doing it back in the day when I had the iPhone 3 .

How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3G from iOS 4 to iOS 3.1.3

There are always ways .

Ive just got my 5S and I love the finger print thingy as its tiresome to keep entering the unlock code.

Other than that its very much the same as the iphone5 im selling except quicker.

yep iphone 5s is very good, my first 'smartphone' even though i have ipad and old itouch! And it works fine with comand online

Yep I took an iphone 5S to replace my 5.

Main benefits for me are fingerprint scanner, 4G (on O2) and it's a bit quicker.

Plus it's brand new so has a full 1-year warranty again :)

My old 5 was starting to get tired - lock button becoming temperamental and the battery life/performance not great (did weird things like shutting down when showing 30-40% remaining life etc - when connected to charger after a minute, powered back up and shows 40%+ charge again!)

Will see if apple will replace my 5 as it is (or offer fixed price replacement for a brand new one) then eBay the replacement or sell old iphone 5 as-is. Been offered £250 trade in as is (64GB) but they seem to make good money on eBay.

Getting used to ios7 now. Like any 'change' it takes a while. Remember how people complain at any updates to the forum layout on this site! :doh:

Booked an appointment with Apple for their 'Genius Bar' support service.

10/10 - my iPhone was replaced with a brand new one without quibble. Old phone was 11 days outside of the warranty (I booked appointment 1 week ago though). New replacement comes with 3-month Apple warranty too :cool:

So now have a brand new, unused in the plastic wrapper iPhone 5 64GB in black for sale if anyone is interested. Would rather deal direct with a forum member than the hassle of eBay :)

I'll put an advert in the classifieds later and post a link :thumb:

Got to hand it to Apple though - despite their known shortcomings I rate their customer service. You just know if it was an iPhone competitor bought from another high street electrical shop and was out of warranty you'd be faced with a brick wall...!

5S is brilliant also, btw :D

Cheers,

Will

Great service, you just would not get that walking into any other phone shop.

Enjoy your 5S.

it's part of the price you pay for an Apple product, but I must admit the service is good.

As for the 'Genius Bar', all they check is that the phone is covered, no water/impact damage and then replace it

Well after 6 years with an iPhone I was up for my next upgrade, 5S was the obvious choice, but I couldn't get excited about it at all, so today I left Vodafone (at last, they are now terrible and haven't kept up with what people want - data) and went to Three.

I have been using Three on my iPad for two and half years now and it just doesn't loose signal. all over the UK a decent signal with decent data speeds.

But after doing copious amounts of homework I decided on either a Xperia Z1 or HTC One, with my keeping my iPhone.
The guy in the store said he had the older Z and a 5S, and although the HTC One feels the nicest phone on the market he is getting the Z1 next week to replace his Z, just a slicker all rounder.

So I came home with a Z1, and have to say that it feels great.
I was really worried about the larger size, but it works, and works well, feels the same in my pocket and when I need to use it I can because the keyboard and fonts etc. are a size I can cope with better.

I just felt the Apple were in need of a complete overhaul with ios7 and all it has really added is toy colours.
It feels pretty much the same as my original iPhone, I know it isn't but each upgrade has been so subtle it just seems I have had the same phone for the last 6 years.

But for me ios7 and the lightening port on the 5s was enough for me to have a change from apple, and have to say, so far really chuffed I have made the move.

just got a 5c... it's the 4th iphone i've had and i love it, it's soooooooooo fast compared to the 4 i came from

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom